- Kennedy, Mathew G.Northern Pacific Coal Mining Co.
- Northern Pacific Coal Mining Company prospectus
- 1873 March 25 (inclusive)18731873
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 container) : 1 folder
- Collection Number
- CA 1873 Mar 25
- The Northern Pacific Coal Mining Company of San Francisco set out to establish a mining claim between Coos Bay and the Coquille River, on the coast of Oregon. The collection (March 25, 1873) consists of a prospectus for the mining claim that includes a chemist report and a map of the claim.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (March 25, 1873) consists of a prospectus for the Northern Pacific Coal Mining Company of San Francisco.
The company, to be headed by M. G. Kennedy, established a mining claim between Coos Bay and the Coquille River on the coast of Oregon. Other shareholders listed are: Harvey S. Brown, N. J. Smith, Jesse Holliday, and T. P. Beach.
According to a chemist report included in the prospectus, the coal from this region was of a superior quality.
There is also a hand drawn map of the mining claim included with the prospectus.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Coal mines and mining--Oregon--Coos County
Form or Genre Terms