- University of Utah. Office of Public Relations
- University of Utah commencement addresses
- 1953-1970 (inclusive)19531970
- 0.25 linear feet
- Collection Number
- This collection consists of printed or typescript copies of commencement addresses given at the University of Utah in 1953, 1961, 1962, 1964, and 1970. The most well-known speakers were A. Ray Olpin, President of the University of Utah, U.S. Senator Frank E. Moss, and Chief Justice Earl Warren.
- University of Utah Libraries, University Archives and Records Management
University Archives and Records Management, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
666 Guardsman Way
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists of printed or typescript copies of commencement addresses given at the University of Utah in 1953, 1961, 1962, 1964, and 1970. The most well-known speakers were A. Ray Olpin, President of the University of Utah, U.S. Senator Frank E. Moss, and Chief Justice Earl Warren.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Initial Citation: University of Utah commencement addresses, Acc. 084, Box [ ]. University Archives and Records Management. University of Utah, J. Willard Marriott. Salt Lake City, Utah.
Following Citations:Acc. 084.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||Orton, Don A., - " The Republic, Its Free Schools, and The Current Appraisal"||1953|
|2||Dykstra, Daniel J. - " Marks of An Educated Man"||1961|
|3||McCurdy, Charles P. - " Labels and Tags"||1962|
|4||Olpin, A. Ray, - " The Promise of the Promised Valley"||1964|
|5||Endicott, Kenneth M. - " Your Profession, Your Government, and You"
(Delivered at Class Day)
|6||McMurrin, Sterling M. - " Freedom, Crisis, and American Education"
(Delivered at College of Nursing Convocation)
|7||Moss, Frank E. - " The Right Place and Time"
(Delivered at Health, Physical Recreation, and Education Department Convocation)
|8||Parmley, Thomas - " Do Not Limit Your Vision"
(Delivered at College of Education Convocation)
|9||Skaggs, L.S. Jr. - Untitled Address
(Delivered at College of Pharmacy Convocation)
|10||Warren, Earl - Untitled Commencement Address||1970|
|11||Warshaw, Maurice - " You Can Make the Difference"
(Delivered at Graduate School of Social Work Convocation)
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Baccalaureate addresses--University of Utah
- Universities and colleges--Utah--Salt Lake City--History--Sources
- Moss, Frank E., 1911- (contributor)
- Olpin, Albert Ray, 1898- (contributor)
- Warren, Earl, 1891-1974 (contributor)
- University of Utah--Archives
Form or Genre Terms