Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
- Overview of the Collection
- Content Description
- Administrative Information
- Detailed Description of the Collection
- Names and Subjects
Whitman County Democratic Committee Records, 1948-1980
- Whitman County Democratic Committee
- Whitman County Democratic Committee Records
- 1948-1980 (inclusive)19481980
- 1 containers., (1 linear feet of shelf space.)
- Collection Number
- Cage 603
- Minutes, platforms, voter lists, and subject files of the county organization of the Democratic Party in Whitman County, Washington.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Whitman County Democratic Central Committee is responsible for the political organization and activity of the Democratic Party in Whitman County. The main duties of the committee are fundraising and canvassing, along with representing the county at state conventions.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Records of the Whitman County Democratic Committee consist of minutes, platforms, vote lists, and subject files. The records span the years 1948-1980, but appear to be incomplete. For example, the years 1948-1954, 1972-1976, and 1977 on are covered by little material. However, the years 1954-1972, and 1976 are well represented.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[Item Description]. Cage 603, Whitman County Democratic Committee Records. Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The materials within the folders have been left in original order, which generally follows chronological order. The folders have been rearranged somewhat to follow a loose chronological order.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
The following section contains a detailed listing of the materials in the collection.
Whitman County registered voter lists by precinct numberReturn to Top
1964 or 1966 – 1
1964 or 1966 – 2
includes list of persons eligible for jury duty - 1
includes list of persons eligible for jury duty - 2
second copy, includes changes - 1
second copy, includes changes - 2
Pullman voters - 1
Pullman voters - 2
Whitman County Democratic Central Committee meeting minutes - includes constitutions and platformsReturn to Top
Includes minutes from 1948-1952
Subject filesReturn to Top
Dollars for Democrats
|1964 and earlier|
Dollars for Democrats
Democratic precinct organization
Whitman County Democratic Party caucus platforms
Whitman County convention committees
General mailing lists
Democratic county committee notebook
Washington State Democratic convention guide
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Political parties--Washington (State)--Whitman County--History
- Political parties--Washington (State)--Whitman County--Platforms
- Voting registers--Washington (State)--Whitman County--Archives
- Democratic Party (Wash.)--Whitman County--History
- Democratic Party (Whitman County, Wash.)--Archives
- Whitman County Democratic Committee--Archives (creator)
- Whitman County (Wash.)--Politics and government