- Miller, Leslie Allan, 1898-
- Leslie Miller Scrapbook
- 0.15 cubic feet, (1 oversize box)
- Collection Number
- MSS Miller
- The Leslie Miller Scrapbook consists of clippings, memorabilia, and photographs of Miller's student years at Oregon Agricultural College. Miller was a student in agriculture from 1916 to 1919.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Leslie Allan Miller, of Grand Forks, British Columbia, was a student in agriculture at Oregon Agricultural College from the years 1916/17-1918/19. Miller was born on February 25, 1898, and served at the Presidio in San Francisco, California in the summer of 1918.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Leslie Miller Scrapbook consists of clippings, memorabilia, and photographs of Miller's student years at Oregon Agricultural College. The clippings include athletic and military events; dances and social events; and poems. Memorabilia includes railway tickey stubs; programs from theater and orchestra productions; bluebook examination scores; and a military vaccination register that indicated Miller's station in San Francisco, California. Of particular interest among the photographs are military maneuvers in front of various buildings on campus; photographs of Miller; women on campus; outdoor excursions; a trip to Neptune Beach in Alameda, California; and young men harvesting hops.
Also included with the scrapbook is a 1948 city map of Regina, Saskatchewan with annotations.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- College students--Oregon--Corvallis
- Military education--Oregon--Corvallis
- Student activities--Oregon--Corvallis
- Oregon Agricultural College--Students
Form or Genre Terms
- Photographic prints