John G. Brown Writing, undated PDF
- Brown, John G., 1880-1941
- John G. Brown Writing
- 2 items
- Collection Number
- Collection 395, MtBC, us (collection)
- This John G. Brown Writing consists of a photocopied manuscript (n.d.), by John Brown, concerning John M. Jacobs' involvement with the Bozeman Trail from Wyoming Territory to Montana Territory. Also included is a photocopied clipping from the Great Falls Tribune.
- Montana State University Library, Merrill G. Burlingame Special Collections
Montana State University-Bozeman Library
Merrill G Burlingame Special Collections
P.O. Box 173320
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
John G. Brown was born in Missouri about 1880. He came to Montana in 1904 and established a law practice in Helena. As an avocation he studied early Montana history, especially the Bozeman Trail. He died in August 1941.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists of a photocopied manuscript (undated), by John Brown, concerning John M. Jacobs' involvement with the Bozeman Trail from Wyoming Territory to Montana Territory. Also included is a photocopied clipping from the Great Falls Tribune. An additional photocopy of this manuscript can be found at the Montana Historical Society, Small Collection 1536. The present location of the original is unknown.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Names :
- Jacobs, John M