Oregon Voice records, 1989-1999 PDF
- University of Oregon. Associated StudentsOregon Voice
- Oregon Voice records
- 1989-1999 (inclusive)19891999
- 15 linear feet, (6 containers)
- Collection Number
- UA 042
- The University of Oregon student publication Oregon Voice was founded in 1989 and re-established in 2001. The collection contains publication issues, articles, poetry, and cartoon submissions, correspondence, mock-ups, photographs, and staff information, 1989-1999.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
UNARRANGED COLLECTION. UNAVAILABLE FOR USE. For more information, please submit a Notice of Interest in Unprocessed Collections.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The University of Oregon student publication Oregon Voice was founded in 1989 and re-established in 2001. It provides an opportunity for students to gain experience in magazine publishing. Administration of the program is handled entirely by students.
According to the Oregon Voice website, the Voice "is a voice that will amuse and inspire you through opinionated and creative writing, art, poetry, music reviews, in-depth features, and all things culturally stimulating. Every issue of Oregon Voice is sprinkled with a sarcastic charm that is sure to leave no page unturned and no voice unheard. The Oregon Voice was born in 1989 and will live on eternally, or at least until the apocalypse."
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains publication issues, articles, poetry, and cartoon submissions, correspondence, mock-ups, photographs, and staff information, 1989-1999.
The collection is organized by accession and as of March 2013 there is only one accession. Much of the material is unorganized and still contained in original manilla envelopes. The mock-ups and layouts are located in four oversize boxes.
Accession 2002.45.A includes the following material (list is not comprehensive):
Issues of the publication (1989-1997);
Article submissions, some with corrections and revisions;
Layouts and mock-ups;
Submissions of poetry and cartoons, among other types;
Photographs of staff, of article subjects, and official photographs and information of entertainers sent to the publication - some graphics and photographs are organized by article or issue. Staff photographs are often organized by year;
Incoming correspondence and letters to the editor;
Copies of Timberline.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- College student newspapers and periodicals--Oregon--Eugene
- College students--Oregon--Eugene
- Education, Higher--Oregon--Eugene
- Student publications--Oregon--Eugene
- Universities and colleges--Oregon--Eugene
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon Voice
- University of Oregon. Associated Students--Records and correspondence
- University of Oregon--Students--Periodicals
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication