Frederick Bankhardt diaries and correspondence, 1929-1949 PDF
- Bankhardt, Frederick
- Frederick Bankhardt diaries and correspondence
- 1929-1949 (inclusive)19291949
- 0.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- A 179
- Frederick Barnhardt was a Methodist missionary in China associated with the Yenping Mission of the Methodist Episcopal Church. The collection (1929-1949) contains diaries and minor correspondence.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1929-1949) contains nine volumes of diaries and minor correspondence.
The 1929 diary describes Bankhardt's experiences as head of an orphanage in Berea, Ohio.
The other diaries concern work in China. The diary entries are highly personal, and reflect the spiritual problems peculiar to missionaries.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Frederick Bankhardt diaries and correspondence, A 179, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Methodist Church--Missions--China
- Personal Names :
- Bankhardt, Frederick
- Form or Genre Terms :