Anton C. Van Soelen photograph collection, 1930-1960 PDF
- Van Soelen, Anton C. (Anton Charles), 1891-
- Anton C. Van Soelen photograph collection
- 1930-1960 (inclusive)19301960
- 5 photographic prints
- Collection Number
- Photographs of Seattle city attorney Anton Van Soelen and various city employees.
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
- Additional Reference Guides
These photographs form part of the Anton C. Van Soelen Papers; a finding aid to the papers is available in the repository.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was partially provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Anton C. Van Soelen was born in New York in 1891 and came to Seattle in 1903, where he attended law school at the University of Washington, graduating in 1915. He was admitted to the bar of the Supreme Court of the United States in 1928. Van Soelen worked as law clerk for the Seattle Law Department and later as corporation counsel for the City of Seattle. Van Soelen was president of the National Institute of Municipal Law Officers in 1954 and received that organization's annual award for distinguished public service in 1957. Anton Van Soelen retired in 1964 and died in Seattle in 1968.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains five photographs of Anton Van Soelen and City of Seattle employees who held positions in engineering and transportation.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Judge J.T. Ronald, Anton C. Van Soelen, Robert E. Harlin, William Hickman Moore, D.W. McMorris, J. D. Ross, and J.L. Kennedy.
Group of employees
and officials in front of bus
Smith, Loren (photographer)
Don Yates, Prof. A.V. Eastman, A.E. Pierce, J.C. Davis, G.E. Moyer, E.S. Van Stone, Anton C. Van Soelen, W.C. Thomas, Ray Johnson, Evro Becket, Earl Copper, Col. M.D. Mills, Carl Knull, Joe Terry, R.C. Adams, and L.E. Haas.
|1||3||Closing of Puget Sound Power & Light sale to city|
Anton C. Van
|1||5||Swearing-in ceremony for Seattle mayor Gordon S. Clinton||1960|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- City attorneys--Washington (State)--Seattle--Photographs
- Lawyers--Washington (State)--Seattle--Photographs
- Municipal officials and employees--Washington (State)--Seattle--Photographs
- Visual Materials Collections (University of Washington)
- Personal Names :
- Van Soelen, Anton C. (Anton Charles), 1891- --Photographs
- Geographical Names :
- Seattle (Wash.)--Officials and employees--Photographs