Topaz oral history project collection, 1987-1993 PDF
- Taylor, Sandra
- Topaz oral history project collection
- 1987-1993 (inclusive)19871993
- 4 linear feet
- Collection Number
- ACCN 1002
- The Topaz oral history project collection interviews (1987-1993) were conducted by Sandra Taylor, of the University of Utah's Department of History. The interviews were part of her research for Jewel of the desert: Japanese American internment at Topaz (1993). Also included are correspondence, news clippings, published and unpublished articles, and research files.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Topaz oral history project collection interviews contains transcripts of tapes, and related transcription materials of a collection of 70 oral history interviews which document the lives of Japanese Americans who were interned at the Topaz, Utah, camp. The interviews were conducted by Sandra Taylor of the University of Utah Department of History. Also included are copies of articles and other research materials.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Collection Name, Collection Number, Box Number, Folder Number. Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library, The University of Utah.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
InterviewsReturn to Top
Miscellaneous InterviewsReturn to Top
This box contains four written accounts of experiences related to Japanese internment. Authors include Oscar F. Hoffman, Hisako Hibi, Chiyo Yano, and William Kochiyama.
Paul E. Bell Material
Contains an essay entitled "Views From an Inside Outsider," written by a Caucasian who attended Topaz High.
Jane Beckwith Material
Contains written accounts related to Japanese internment. Authors and persons interviewed include Dorothy B. Pratt, Sherm Tolbert, Roger Walker, Yasuo Abiko, and Homer Petersen.
Nisei Christian Journey: Its Promise and Fullfillment, Vol. II
Contains oral histories of Rhoda Akiko Iyoya, Dr. Henry Hajime Kazato, Kimi Sugiyama, Ichiro Yamaguchi, Hatsune Helen Kitaji, and Kijo Murata.
Research FilesReturn to Top
Restricted MaterialsReturn to Top
These boxes contain the master files. Access restricted to Manuscripts Curator.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Japanese Americans--Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, Japanese American
- Corporate Names :
- Central Utah Relocation Center
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Oral histories