- Faith Lutheran Church (Roseburg, Or.)
- Faith Lutheran Church, Roseburg, Oregon, Records
- 1909-2012 (inclusive)19092012
- 1 file
- Collection Number
- OPVELCA7a4_231 (collection)
- Collection contains the records of Faith Lutheran Church in Roseburg, Oregon.
- Pacific Lutheran University, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Pacific Lutheran University
12180 Park Avenue South
- Access Restrictions
Collection is available for research
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.Processing funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Ministry began in the Roseburg area of the Algarose district in 1909, and through the years Eden Lutheran served those who came from Roseburg. In 1947 a Roseburg Circle requested the Board of American Missions of the Augustana Church to develop a mission in Roseburg. Rev. Willis Erickson arrived in August of 1948 and the first service was held on October 3 with 70 people present. Faith organized on March 6, 1949 with 59 charter members. By fall a building site had been selected, and groundbreaking took place on June 18, 1950 with dedication in April of 1952. Growth and development brought multiple services and enlargement of facilities. In 1957 the Eden Church at Algarose was dissolved and the membership transferred to Faith. New property in West Roseburg was acquired. Again in 1962 additional classrooms were added. Plans for a new church were developed and began in 1972. Dedication of the first unit took place September 16, 1973. In August of 1980 the new church was dedicated.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This folder contains various letters, pamphlet from Historic Oakland, Oregon, map of Douglas County, informational pamphlet on Douglas County, a chronological history of the church, "Adventure in Faith" booklet concerning the new church building, a booklet from the dedication in 1973, a list of pastors who have served the church, a congregational directory, letter regarding 50th anniversary newspaper clipping celebrating 50th anniversary, fourth Sunday of Easter service 1999, installation service for Raymond Edward Venghaus 1998.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Archives and Special Collections Department at Pacific Lutheran University. Copyright resides with the creator of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the University Archivist. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder
From the Faith Lutheran Church, Roseburg, Oregon, Records, OPVELCA7a4_231, Archives and Special Collections, ELCA Region I Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue South, Tacoma, WA 98447
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Transferred to ELCA Region I Archives. .
To search and view digitized images of congregations, visit our Digital Assets Website
Nesvig, Swanson, Nordquist, Emerson New Partners. Old Roots.Tacoma (Wash.)ALC, LCA, and ELC1986
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Eklof, Edward, 1938-1943
- Erickson, Willis, 1949-1952
- Ingebritson, Allen G., 1959-1966
- Nelson, Norman B., 1966-1972
- Sakrison, E. J., 1943-1944
- Sandeen, Enoch 1945-1949
- Anderson, A. G., 1929-1932
- Baker, Jane C.
- Carlson, J. E., 1915-1919
- Edlund, J. A., 1932-1938
- Edman, E. L., 1920-1926
- Marttala, Dennis D., 1985-?
- Nystrom, B. S., 1909-1910
- Olson, Lester G., 1955-1957
- Peters, Elmer, 1952-1954
- Rice, Charles P., 1972-1983
- Sandeen, Enoch, 1926-1929
- Sture, N. J., 1910-1914
- Augustana Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Evangelical Lutheran Church--Oregon Synod
- Evangelical Lutheran Church--History
- Roseburg (Or.)