Todd I. Berens papers, 1849-1970 PDF
- Berens, Todd I.
- Todd I. Berens papers
- 1849-1970 (inclusive)18491970
- 1 box, (0.25 linear feet)
- Collection Number
- MS 0491
- The Todd I. Berens papers (1849-1970) consist of materials resulting from Berens' research of historical trails of early Western settlers, with emphasis on Jedediah Smith and Charles Fremont, as well as the Gold Rush of 1849. Included are letters from Dale Morgan, a biography of Arthur Shearer, and an excerpt from the Hannibal Journal. Todd Berens was a high school history teacher who specialized in historical research.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Todd I. Berens was an innovative teacher of history at a California high school. He received two awards for teaching historical research in the 1960s, during which time it was part of his coursework to take field trips out to trace the historical trails. In 1965, Berens and Dale Morgan began to take trips to explore the trails of early settlers of the West. Berens was presented with an award from the California Historical Society in 1971 for outstanding teaching in history.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Todd I. Berens papers (1849-1970) consist of materials resulting from Berens' research of historical trails of early Western settlers, with emphasis on Jedediah Smith and Charles Fremont, as well as the Gold Rush of 1849. Included are letters from Dale Morgan, a biography of Arthur Shearer, and an excerpt from the Hannibal Journal.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Collection Name, Collection Number, Box Number, Folder Number. Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library, The University of Utah.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Overland journeys to the Pacific
- Personal Names :
- Berens, Todd I.--Correspondence
- Morgan, Dale Lowell, 1914-1971--Correspondence
- Geographical Names :
- Utah--Discovery and exploration
- West (U.S.)Discovery and exploration
- Form or Genre Terms :