Anne Batchelor Our Cruise In Orient photograph album and family photographs, approximately 1898-1999 PDF
- Batchelor, Anne, 1900-1982
- Anne Batchelor Our Cruise In Orient photograph album and family photographs
- approximately 1898-1999 (inclusive)18981999
- 1 album; 22 photographic prints; 8 loose album pages with photographs; 3 copy prints
- Collection Number
- Anne Batchelor's collection of photographs of the Batchelor family and their trip to Asia
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
No restrictions on access.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Bill Batchelor served on the Yantzee River Patrol in China 1930-1932. His wife, who made many of the photographs in the album, was Anne Batchelor (1900-1982) . They were married in 1920.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Album of photographs from a trip by Anne and Bill Batchelor to Asia starting in Honolulu in 1930. They traveled to Manila, Singapore, Bali, China and Guam. Anne Batchelor, who created the album, accompanied her husband who was serving on the Yantzee River Patrol in China. There are also photos of Bill Batchelor on the U.S.S. Blackhawk. Included in this collection is a handwritten account by Anne Batchelor of a trip from Manila to Peking (Bejing) in 1931. She describes being in Shanghai during the Japanese attack on the Chapai district in 1931 and includes some photographs of the destruction. Other family photographs include a young Anne and other members of the Batchelor family.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's copyrights transferred to the University of Washington Libraries Special Collections (donor is daughter of creator). Copyright is unknown for materials not created by the copyright holder's family.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||Our Cruise in Orient photo album||1930-1931|
|2||Batchelor family photographs
1 written account, 1 article, 22 photographic prints, 6 loose album pages with photographs,
Anne Batchelor's written account on her trip from Manila to Peking in 1931, an article on the Yangtze River Patrol Memorial Foundation in 1999, and photo album pages and photographs of family members and their trip to Asia.
|3||Loose album pages
2 album pages
Photo of Anne Batchelor in 1918, and photocopied photos of Eward Batchelor, 1898
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Family vacations--Asia--Photographs
- Personal Names :
- Batchelor, Anne, 1900-1982--Archives
- Batchelor, Anne, 1900-1982--Family--Photographs
- Batchelor, Anne, 1900-1982--Photographs