Elmer G. Larson Papers, 1925-1985 PDF
- Larson, Elmer G.
- Elmer G. Larson Papers
- 1925-1985 (inclusive)19251985
- 0.05 cubic foot, including 3 photographs, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- MSS Larson
- The Elmer G. Larson Papers consist of materials documenting Larson's student years at Oregon Agricultural College (OAC) and his participation in alumni activities after graduation. Larson graduated from OAC in 1930 with a degree in mechanical engineering.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Elmer Gustaf (Al) Larson enrolled at Oregon Agricultural College in 1924 and attended through spring 1926; he returned in fall 1927 until June 1930, when he earned a BS degree in mechanical engineering. Larson was a member of the Sigma Pi fraternity and was involved in the honor societies for mechanical engineering and forensics. After graduation, Larson settled in Portland, where he established the Blue Bus Company which provided mass transit service to and within the Portland suburbs. In 1970, Tri-Met acquired the company. Larson was born November 24, 1906 in Astoria, Oregon, and graduated from North Bend, Oregon, High School in 1924. Larson died in San Diego, California, in August 1987.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Elmer G. Larson Papers consist of materials documenting Larson's student years at Oregon Agricultural College (OAC) and his participation in alumni activities after graduation. The collection includes a laboratory notebook for a chemistry course taken by Larson in spring of 1925. Materials for the 50th reunion of the Class of 1930 in 1980, including a list of class members, are part of the collection. The photographs include a color group portrait of the Class of 1930 at their 55th reunion in 1985, made by Hise Studio, and group photographs of members of the Masonic Lodge and Eastern Star organizations of which Larson and his wife, Hilda, were members.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Chemistry--Study and teaching (Higher)--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State University--Alumni and alumnae.
- Oregon Agricultural College. Class of 1930.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints.
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- Hise Studio. (creator)