Clarke Historical Museum Photographs Collection, 1905 PDF
- Clarke Historical Museum
- Clarke Historical Museum Photographs Collection
- 1905 (inclusive)19051905
- 14 photographic prints, (1 folder) : b&w ; on album pages ; 8 x 8 cm.
- Collection Number
- Org. Lot 1266
- Snapshots, primarily of the Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition at Portland, Or., 1905. Also included is a snapshot of the Cedar River at Renton, Wash., 1905.
- Oregon Historical Society, Davies Family Research Library
Davies Family Research Library
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open to the public.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities. Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Portland, Or., presented the Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition and Oriental Fair in 1905. The world's fair drew visitors from the region, nation, and world to see what Portland had to offer. It featured buildings of exhibits representing many states and nations, as well as a midway called the "Trail."
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection of snapshots by an unidentified photographer (possibly from Washington state) gives a brief tourist-eye-view of a visit to the Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition and Oriental Fair at Portland, Oregon, in 1905. Also included is one snapshot of the Cedar River at Renton, Washington. The snapshots are glued to seven gray album pages that are assembled with cloth tape and appear to have been removed from a larger album. Identifications are handwritten on album pages in white ink.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society is the owner of the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library prior to any reproduction use. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all of the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright owners.
Clarke Historical Museum Photographs Collection, Org. Lot 1266, Oregon Historical Society Research Library
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
The following section contains a detailed listing of the materials in the collection.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Corporate Names :
- Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition (1905 : Portland, Or.)
- Geographical Names :
- Cedar River (King County, Wash.)
- Renton (Wash.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints