Doris P. Adamson Scrapbook, 1939-1942 PDF
- Adamson, Doris P.
- Doris P. Adamson Scrapbook
- 1939-1942 (inclusive)19391942
- 0.25 cubic foot, including 2 photographs, (1 oversize box)
- Collection Number
- MSS Adamson
- The Doris P. Adamson Scrapbook was assembled by Adamson and reflects her student experience at Oregon State College. Doris Adamson attended Oregon State College in 1939-1943 as a student in secretarial science.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Doris Pauline Adamson attended Oregon State College from fall 1939 through spring 1942 and again in spring 1943 as a student in secretarial science. She completed a Junior Certificate in Secretarial Science, but did not earn a degree from Oregon State. Adamson was a member of the Chi Omega sorority. After World War II, she enrolled at the University of Illinois. Adamson was born in Pendleton, Oregon, on August 30, 1921 and graduated from Grant High School in Portland, Oregon, in 1939.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Doris P. Adamson Scrapbook was assembled by Adamson and documents her student experience at Oregon State College, especially for the period 1939-1941. The scrapbook includes newspaper clippings, decals, event programs, flyers, football game programs, handbooks, photographs, receipts, ribbons, study schedule charts, and ticket stubs. Many of the items document campus events such as musical performances, including a 1940 concert by Paul Robeson; Freshman Week; Women's Weekend; homecoming; and the 1941 Rose Bowl football game. Other materials pertain to student government elections, Adamson's involvement in the Women's Athletic Association, student conduct guidelines, and academic and social regulations. Several worship bulletins from the First Methodist Church in Corvallis are included. Of special note is a budget of anticipated expenses for freshman women and a booklet, How to Study Effectively. The scrapbook also includes copies of the Coed Code, Open Roads, and Save Your Blushes booklets which provide conduct and etiquette guidelines for Oregon State women students.
One of the photographs is an image of the Chi Omega sorority house.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Doris P. Adamson Scrapbook (MSS Adamson), Oregon State University Special Collections & Archives Research Center, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- College environment--Oregon--Corvallis.
- College students--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Greek letter societies--Oregon-Corvallis.
- Student activities--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Women--Education (Higher)--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State College--Football.
- Oregon State College--Students.
- Rose Bowl (Football game)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints.