Frederic Robert Buckley papers, 1921-1929 PDF
- Buckley, Frederic Robert, 1896-
- Frederic Robert Buckley papers
- 1921-1929 (inclusive)19211929
- 1.5 linear feet
- Collection Number
- Ax 319
- Frederic Robert Buckley (1896 -?) is the literary name of Frederic Robert Wakelin-Buckley, who wrote western, adventure, and sea stories. The collection contains manuscripts including short stories, novelettes, novels, plays, and essays, and correspondence, 1921-1929.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Frederic Robert Buckley (1896 -?) is the literary name of Frederic Robert Wakelin-Buckley, born in Birmingham, England. He was invalided out of the British Army in World War I, came to New York in 1915 and did newspaper work.
He then worked as a free-lance writer of western, adventure, and sea stories. In 1932 he returned to England.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains manuscripts and correspondence.
The manuscripts include short stories, novelettes, novels, plays, and essays, and are alphabetically organized by title.
The correspondence is arranged chronologically, 1921-1929.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Frederic Robert Buckley papers, Ax 319, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Adventure stories, American--Authorship
- Sea stories, American--Authorship
- Western stories--Authorship
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication