John W. Elliott drawing and photograph collection, circa 1928-2004  PDF

Overview of the Collection

Architect
Elliott, John W. (John William), 1883-1971
Title
John W. Elliott drawing and photograph collection
Dates
circa 1928-2004 (inclusive)
Quantity
294 photographic prints (2 boxes, 1 panoramic photograph folder) ; various sizes
30 negatives (30 folders) : nitrate ; various sizes
40 drawings (6 folders) ; various sizes
8 documents (1 folder) ; various sizes
Collection Number
PH1184
Summary
Photographs and drawings document the work of architectural sculptor and repousse craftsman John W. Elliott in the Pacific Northwest
Repository
University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
Box 352900
Seattle, WA
98195-2900
Telephone: 206-543-1929
Fax: 206-543-1931
speccoll@uw.edu
Access Restrictions

The collection is open to the public.

Languages
English


Biographical NoteReturn to Top

Architectural sculptor, modeler, and repousse craftsman John W. Elliott (1883-1971) was born and educated in Sheffield, England. Elliott was the son of a stone carver and modeler. He began his apprenticeship as a silversmith when he was thirteen before he went on to formally study design at the Sheffield Technical School of Art (now part of the University of Sheffield). Elliott emigrated to the United States in 1906. He initially settled in New England and worked for Gorham Silver in Rhode Island and the International Silver Company in Connecticut. After moving to Seattle in 1924, Elliott worked as an architectural sculptor for Gladding, McBean & Company from 1927-1932. He later opened his home studio at 7515 California Avenue Southwest in West Seattle and specialized in metal repousse, modeling for ornamental plaster, ecclesiastical metalwork, and silversmithing. His work includes the metal panels at the entrance to the Northwestern Mutual Fire Association Building, thirty-four repousse panels in the Seattle City Light Building, and the sculpted Heads of Lawgivers of the World on Condon Hall at the University of Washington.

John W. Elliott was an active member of the Seattle arts community. He was one of twelve founding members of the Craftsmen's Guild of Washington. The organization was founded in 1938 to further the interests of skilled craftsmen and to perpetuate the arts and crafts, recognized as artificial stone, bookbinding, carvings, ceramics, commercial art, metal design and craftsmanship, fine art furniture, stained and architectural art glass, table and ornamental glass, illuminated manuscripts, jewelry, lapidary, light fixtures, leatherwork, modeling, mural painting, packaging, creative photography, fine picture framing, ornamental plaster, pottery, printmaker, sculpture, taxidermy, decorative terra cotta, and textiles. A exhibition of work by the Craftsmen's Guild was shown at the Seattle Art Museum in 1942; Elliott's process for the gates at the US Post Office in Longview, Washington, as well as the decorative arts were featured as part of the exhibition.

John W. Elliott was appointed to the Seattle City Art exhibition committee in 1940. In addition to his career as a craftsman, Elliott also worked as District Supervisor for the State Board of Vocational Rehabilitation during the 1940s and 1950s. Elliott was awarded a Certificate of Superior Craftsmanship in Architectural Sculpture and Repousse in Metal by the Washington State Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA).

Historical BackgroundReturn to Top

The Northern Clay Products Company was established in 1906. The company drew their clay from mineral deposits around Auburn and Renton, Washington. The clay was formed in molds, glazed, and fired at high temperatures into a product known as terra cotta. Gladding, McBean & Company, a California company, acquired Northern Clay Products and the Denny-Renton Coal & Clay Company during the 1920s. Terra cotta was particularly well-suited for the art deco ornamentation that was favored during the 1930s during the skyscraper boom in Seattle.

Chasing and repousse are traditional silversmith techniques commonly executed in britannia metal, an alloy of tin, antimony, and copper developed in the 18th century. The relief images were drawn onto the panels by a process called chasing, in which dull chisels form indentations on the surface of the metal. Chasing is then followed by repousse, in which the image is pushed out from behind with a snarling iron.

Content DescriptionReturn to Top

Photographs and drawings from the personal collection of John W. Elliott feature architectural sculpture and metalwork. Photographs include studio images from Gladding, McBean & Company of clay models for terracotta sculpture during the 1930s and 1940s. Additional photographs include images of commemorative plaques, awards, and ecclesiastical metalwork. Recent photographs taken during the 1990s and early 2000s by John W. Elliott's son, Bill Elliott, feature images of buildings with ornamentation attributed to John W. Elliott.

Use of the CollectionReturn to Top

Restrictions on Use

Restrictions might exist on reproduction, quotation, or publication. Contact the repository for details.

Administrative InformationReturn to Top


Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top

 

Architectural sculpture and metalworkReturn to Top

Container(s) Description Dates
1411 4th Avenue Building, 4th Avenue and Union Street, Seattle, Washington
The 1411 4th Avenue Building was designed by Robert C. Reamer for the Metropolitan Building Company. The building was constructed in 1928 for $1,100,000. John W. Elliott possibly worked with Lloyd Lovegren as an architectural modeler for the entrance sign and other exterior ornamentation. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/1 1 circa 1990s
1/1 2
Stylized eagles with sunbursts framing windows
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
1/1 3
Ornamental panel decorated with Celtic interlacing pattern and bestiary motif
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
American Federal Savings and Loan, Tacoma, Washington
The American Federal Savings and Loan building was designed by Siebold & Associates in 1963. John W. Elliott likely designed the clay model for the sculptural eagle placed over the entrance doorway. The eagle was cast in bronze by the Vern Rowe at the Ballard Pattern and Brass Foundry.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/2 4
John W. Elliott viewing completed bronze eagle casting
circa 1963
1/2 5
 Photograph of rendering of American Federal Savings and Loan building exterior
1 photographic print of an architectural rendering : 1 black and white photographic print
Earle DuffForde Photographers, Seattle (Artist)
October 1963
Berg Building, Portland, Oregon
See: Charles F. Berg Building, Portland, Oregon.
Bishop Blanchet High School, 8200 Wallingford Avenue North, Green Lake, Seattle, Washington
Bishop Blanchet High School was designed by John Maloney and dedicated in November 1955. The building featured five panels on the north side of the building depicting different fields of study: arts, athletics, classics, religion, and science.
Photographs of clay models
Box/Folder item
1/3 6
Clay model of arts panel represented by theatrical masks, palette and brushes, and musical staff
circa 1954
1/3 7 circa 1954
1/3 8a-b circa 1954
1/3 9a-b circa 1954
Building exterior photographs
Box/Folder item
1/3 10
Exterior of Bishop Blanchet High School
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
1/3 11
Partial view of Bishop Blanchet High School exterior with view of panels partially covered by trees
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
1/3 12
 Detail of classics panel mounted on building
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
Charles F. Berg Building, 615 Southwest Broadway, Portland, Oregon
Alternate name: Dolph Building.
The Charles F. Berg Building is one of the best examples of commercial art deco architecture in Portland. The exterior of the building was redesigned in 1929 by the Grand Rapids Store Equipment Company of Grand Rapids, Michigan. John W. Elliott, working as a sculptor for Gladding, McBean & Company, produced the terracotta ornamentation.
Photographs of clay models
Box/Folder item
1/4 13
 Clay model of panel in studio showing swirl and zig zag patterns
This panel is located over the upper windows of the building.
circa 1930
1/4 14
 Clay model of parapet with foliage ornamentation in studio
This panel is located in the center section of the building.
circa 1930
1/4 15
 Clay model of parapet with raincloud in studio
This panel is located in the right section of the building.
circa 1930
1/4 16 circa 1930
1/4 17 circa 1930
1/4 18
John W. Elliott standing with clay model of spandrel panel with sunburst in studio
circa 1930
Building exterior photographs
Box/Folder item
1/4 19 circa 1990s
1/4 20 circa 1990s
1/4 21 circa 1990s
Exchange Building, Seattle, Washington
The Exchange Building was designed by John Graham, Sr. in 1929. The building was originally designed to house the Seattle Stock Exchange, but was adapted for office use after the stock market crash. John W. Elliott possibly worked as an architectural modeler for the interior and exterior ornamentation. The building was designated as a Historic Landmark by the Seattle Preservation Board in 1990.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/5 22
 Exterior view of top of building
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
1993
1/5 23-24
 Exterior view of terracotta ornamentation
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
1993
1/5 25
 Terracotta ornamentation on tympanum
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
1993
1/5 26
Ornamental frieze with Exchange Building sign
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
1993
Federal Office Building, 909 First Avenue, Seattle, Washington
Alternate name: Old Federal Building.
The Federal Office Building was designed in 1929 by James A. Wetmore, working with local architects Bebb & Gould and John Graham, Sr. The terra cotta and stone ornamentation is partially attributed to John W. Elliott.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/6 27 circa 1990s
1/6 28
Detail of sculpted floral motif
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
1/6 29 circa 1990s
The Fox Theatre, 7th Avenue at Olive Way, Seattle, Washington
Designed by Sherwood D. Ford, 1928. The Spanish Baroque theater was originally to be named (and themed) The Mayflower, though it opened as The Fox Theatre in 1929. The theater has used many names including The Fox (1929), The Roxy (1933), The Music Hall (1934), The Seventh Avenue (1964), The Music Hall (1978), Jack McGovern's Music Hall (1979), and The Emerald Palace (1987). John W. Elliott was the architectural modeler and sculptor of the interior and cast stone exterior of the theater. In keeping with the original Mayflower theme, Elliott designed two decorative ship's prows that extended from each side of the theater just forward of the proscenium arch. The theater's Robert Morton pipe organ's chambers were hidden behind the grille of the prows. The theater was demolished in 1991.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/7 30 circa 1928
1/7 31 circa 1991
Great Northern Building, 1404 4th Avenue, Seattle, Washington
The Great Northern Building was designed by Robert C. Reamer and constructed in 1929. The building is noted for its use of art deco ornamentation. John W. Elliott possibly worked as an architectural modeler for exterior ornamentation on the building.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/8 32
Exterior view of Great Northern Building at street-level
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
1/8 33
 Detail of terracotta belt course
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
Jane Addams Junior High School, 11051 34th Avenue Northeast , Washington
Alternate name: Jane Addams Middle School.
Jane Addams Junior High School was designed in 1949 by Mallis, Dehart & Hopkins. The building featured three cast stone ornamentation panels over the entrance, attributed to John W. Elliott, depicting different fields of study.
Photographs of clay models
Box/Folder item
1/9 34a
Clay model of panel representing the arts
Panel shows an arrangement of musical instruments, paintbrushes, and an artist's palette. Item 34a is a cropped enlargement of item 34b.
circa 1949
1/9 34b
 Clay model of panel representing the arts shown in studio
Modern reprint of entire photograph.
circa 1990s
1/9 35a
Clay model of panel representing home economics
Panel shows an arrangement of scissors, sewing thread, spoon, and spatula against a floral background. Item 35a is a cropped enlargement of item 35b.
circa 1949
1/9 35b
 Clay model of panel representing home economics shown in studio
Partial view of adjacent panel (science) to left.Modern reprint of entire photograph.
circa 1990s
1/9 36a
Clay model of panel representing science
Panel shows an arrangement of scales and lab equipment. Item 36a is a cropped enlargment of item 36b.
circa 1949
1/9 36b
 Clay model of panel representing science shown in studio
Partial view of adjacent panel (home economics) to right; panel is shown upside-down in studio.Modern reprint of entire photograph.
circa 1949
Exterior photographs
Box/Folder item
1/9 37 circa 1990s
Joseph Vance Building, Seattle, Washington
The Joseph Vance Building was designed by John Graham, Sr. working with Victor Voorhees. John W. Elliott possibly worked as an architectural modeler and sculptor for the building's exterior terracotta ornamentation.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/10 38 circa 1990s
1/10 39
Detail of the terracotta ornamentation on the parapet and upper windows
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
Lincoln High School, Billings, Montana
John W. Elliott possibly worked as an architectural modeler and sculptor for the building's statue of Abraham Lincoln.
Photograph
Box/Folder item
1/11 40 circa 1940
Longview Post Office
See: United States Post Office, 1603 Larch Street, Longview, Washington.
Marine Building, 355 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
The Marine Building was constructed by McCarter & Nairne in 1930. John W. Elliott one of four sculptors working with Gladding-McBean & Company on the Marine Building designed many of the terracotta relief panels on the exterior of the building. Gladding-McBean & Company photographs have been arranged alpha-numerically by the identifying number in the photograph of each clay model.
Photographs of clay models
Box/Folder item
1/12 41
 Spandrel panel with ship and art deco waves
Inscribed on verso: Spandrel, Marine Bldg. Vancouver, B. C. / McCartney [sic] & Nairne Architects, Vancouver, B. C. / Gladding McBean Contractors, Seattle, Wash.Gladding-McBean & Company ruler visible at side and identification number 1021-AB73 at bottom.
circa 1930
1/12 42
 Relief voussoirs and piers in studio
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/12 43
 Relief inset for four piers decorated with seaweed blades
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler visible at right side and identification number 1021-AF1 at bottom.
circa 1930
1/12 44
Relief inset for five piers decorated with seaweed blades
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler visible at left side and identification number 1021-AF1 at bottom.
circa 1930
1/12 45-46
 Relief inset for five piers decorated with seaweed blades and stylized capitals
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler visible at side and identification number 1021-AF2 at bottom.
circa 1930
1/12 47
 Discovery Vancouver 1792 relief panel
Commemorative relief panel representing James Cook's command of the HMS Discovery ship.Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-AG visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/12 48
 HMS Egeria 1898 relief panel
Commemorative relief panel representing the coastal survey of the British Columbia coast by the HMS Egeria.Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-AG visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/12 49
 HMS Resolution 1776 relief panel
Commemorative relief panel representing James Cook's command of the HMS Resolution.Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-AG visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/12 50
 Ship's prow and sails with diamond pattern and lighthouse
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-AJ7 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/12 51
 Relief panel in three parts
Panel is shown as three separate pieces, numbered as 1-3. Probably intended to be stacked.Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-AK3 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/12 52
 Sculptural eagle looking down with diamond-patterned supports
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-AL53 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/12 53
 Seagull sculptures and scaffolding for ornamental grille
Textured clay visible on wings.Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-AM9 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/13 54
 Relief springer decorated with marine elements for left side of entrance arch
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-BM1 visible at side.
circa 1930
1/13 55
Relief voussoir decorated with marine elements
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-MB5 (probably intended as BM5) visible at side.
circa 1930
1/13 56
 Two relief panels, possibly voussoir for entrance arch, decorated with marine elements
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-BM11 and number 8 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/13 57a-b
 Partial view of belt course relief featuring fish
Item 57a has a section drawing of the belt course drawn in graphite on verso.Item 57b is inscribed on verso: Belt course for Marine Bldg., Vancouver B. C.Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-CA1 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/13 58a-b
 Partial view of belt course relief featuring seahorse
Item 58b is inscribed on verso: Belt course for Marine Bldg., Vancouver B. C.Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-CA2 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/13 59
 Seahorse relief panel
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler visible at side and identification number 1021-EA at bottom.
circa 1930
1/13 60
 Seagull relief panel
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler visible at side and identification number 1021-EB at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 61
Three decorative relief panels numbered 1-3
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-EF visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 62
Two decorative relief panels numbered 4-5
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-EF visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 63
 Relief panel with stylized seaweed blade motif
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler visible at side and identification number 1021-EW at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 64
 Sculptural eagle for building corner front view
Gladding-McBean & Company identification number 1021-LC visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 65
 Sculptural eagle for building corner side view
Gladding-McBean & Company identification number 1021-LC visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 66
 Relief panel RA1
Numbering for adjacent panels is visible along the outer edges of the panel.Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-RA1 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 67
 Relief panel RA-2 with partial view of adjacent panel RA-1
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-RA2 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 68
 Seahorse relief
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-RA3 at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 69
 Corner statue of King Poseidon in studio
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-SA visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 70
 Partial relief panel
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-TA visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 71
Seahorse relief
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021-UC at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 72
 Belt course relief
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler visible at side and identification number 1021-WC at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 73
 Sea bird relief panel
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler visible at side and identification number 1021 at bottom.
circa 1930
1/14 74
 Seahorse relief
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1021 visible at side.
circa 1930
Exterior photographs of Marine Building
Box/Folder item
1/15 75 circa 1992
1/15 76 circa 1992
1/15 77 circa 1992
1/15 78 circa 1992
1/15 79 circa 1992
1/15 80 circa 1992
1/15 81 circa 1992
1/15 82 circa 1992
Montlake Laboratory, 2725 Montlake Boulevard East, Seattle, Washington
Alternate name: Northwest Fisheries Science Center, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
The three-story Montlake Laboratory was designed by John Graham, Sr. in 1931. John W. Elliott possibly worked as a modeler and sculptor for the building's exterior ornamentation.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/16 83 circa 1990s
1/16 84
Ornamentation featuring scallop shell and seahorse
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
1/16 85
Relief panel showing an eagle and a shield with tallship and lighthouse
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
Northern Life Insurance Company building, Seattle, Washington
Alternate names: Northern Life Tower; Seattle Tower.
The Northern Life Insurance Company was designed by Albertson, Wilson, & Richardson. John W. Elliott modeled the ornamentation for the outside of the building, as well as Joseph Wilson's design for the Pacific Rim map at the end of the lobby.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/17 86 circa 1990s
1/17 87
Bronze Pacific Rim map in lobby
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
Box/Folder item
K900 88
Document
Photocopy of handwritten notes documenting a conversation with Mary Bassetti in which she recalls accompanying her father, Joseph Wilson, to John W. Elliott's studio to work out designs for the elaborate castings on the Northern Life Tower.
circa 1990s
Northwestern Mutual Insurance Building, 3rd Avenue at Pine Street, Seattle, Washington
Alternate name: Olympic Tower, United Shopping Tower.
The United Shopping Tower was designed by Henry Bittman and constructed in 1929. In December 1932, the Northwestern Mutual Fire Association signed a ten year lease that allowed them to rename the building the Northwestern Mutual Insurance Building. As the primary tenant, they added features during an extensive remodel that included two large repousse panels at the entrance depicting fireman at work in downtown Seattle.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/18 89
Repousse panel showing the logo of the Northwestern Mutual Fire Association
circa 1933
1/18 90
 Repouse panel depicting fireman putting out a fire
Artist's signature in lower right corner. Mounted to board. John W. Elliott's signature and address on verso.
circa 1933
1/18 91
 Repouse panel depicting men operating a water pump and hose
Artist's signature below wheel. Mounted to board. John W. Elliott's signature and address on verso.
circa 1933
Olympic Tower
See: Northwestern Mutual Insurance Building, 3rd Avenue at Pine Street, Seattle, Washington
Pacific Northwest Bell Telephone Company building, 208 West Yakima Avenue, Yakima, Washington
The Pacific Northwest Bell Telephone Company building was designed by Bebb & Gould in 1930. John W. Elliott was working with Gladding-McBean & Company at the time of its construction and the terra cotta ornamentation on the exterior of the building is partially attributed to him.
Photographs of clay models
Box/Folder item
1/19 92
 Rectangular panel with foliage ornamentation over entrance
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 987-AF visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/19 93
 Frieze pattern
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 987-AM and 987-AG visible at bottom.Written on verso: Orn. for Telephone Bldg. Yakima Wash / Bebb & Gould, Architects Hoge Bldg, Seattle, Wash. / Gladding McBean Contractors, Seattle, Wash.
circa 1930
1/19 94
 Spandrel panel with skull and foliage
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 987-CD visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/19 95
 Pilaster capital decorated with foliage
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler visible at side.
circa 1930
Exterior photographs of building
Box/Folder item
1/19 96 circa 1990s
1/19 97
View of pilaster, capital, and frieze
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
1/19 98
 View of rectangular panel over entrance
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
Puget Sound Power and Light, Puyallup, Washington
The Puget Sound Power and Light building was designed by Shaw & Shaw in 1929. The architectural ornamentation featured work by John W. Elliott for Gladding-McBean & Company.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/20 99
 Clay model for terra cotta representations of power and light at building entrance
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification numbers 1011-AH2 and AH-3 visible at bottom.Inscribed on verso: Figures representing light and power / Puget Sound Light & Power Co. (Stone & Webster), Puyalupp [sic], Wash. / Shaw Bros. Architects, Tacoma, Wash. / Gladding McBean Contractors, Seattle, Wash.
circa 1929
1/20 100
Exterior of Puget Sound Power and Light building with automobile parked in front
Photograph possibly reprinted from the Boland collection at Tacoma Public Library, circa 1990s.
circa 1930s
1/20 101
Exterior of Puget Sound Power and Light building with enlarged view of entrance
Photograph possibly reprinted from the Boland collection at Tacoma Public Library, circa 1990s.
circa 1930s
Rhodes Medical Arts Building, 740 St. Helens Avenue, Tacoma, Washington
The Rhodes Medical Arts Building was dedicated in 1931. At the time of its construction, the 17-story art deco building was the tallest building in Tacoma, and the first full-service medical center in the city. The building was designed by John Graham, Sr., Architect & Engineer, and Heath, Gove & Bell, Associate Architects, Tacoma, for the United Rhodes Realty Corporation. The building was purchased for use as a city hall by the City of Tacoma in 1977 and, after subsequent remodeling, it was renamed Tacoma Municipal Building in 1981. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/21 102
Exterior of the Rhodes Medical Arts Building from street-level
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
October 23, 1990
1/21 103 October 23, 1990
Box/Folder item
K900 104
Document
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
Photoreproduction of handwritten notes documenting a conversation between Bill Elliott and Rodney Kirkwood of the DLR Group/John Graham & Company in 1990 in which Kirkwood confirms that John W. Elliott was the architectural modeler on the Rhodes Medical Arts Building project.
August 14, 1990
Roosevelt Theatre, Seattle, Washington
The Roosevelt Theatre, designed by Henry Bittman, opened in 1933 and featured an art deco facade. John W. Elliott designed and crafted a copper repousse panel for the lobby.
Photograph
Box/Folder item
1/22 105
 Art deco copper repousse panel for lobby featuring a woman
John W. Elliott's signature in lower right corner of panel.Written on verso: Copper repousse panel 2' x 3' / Roosevelt Theater, Seattle, Washington / Bittman, Architect, Securities Bldg., Seattle, Wash. / Bailey Contractor, Seattle, Wash.
circa 1933
Seattle City Light Building, 1015 3rd Avenue, Seattle, Washington
The lobby of the Seattle City Light building featured thirty-six medallions commissioned by Seattle City Light titledThe Evolution of Lighting. The panels were designed by Albert Booth and executed by John W. Elliott. Each panel was formed by repousse metal from britannia metal, measuring 24 x 36 inches. Thirty-four of the plaques, executed in 1935, formed a frieze in the lobby of the first City Light Building. Taken together, the panels show the evolution of lighting technology from prehistoric to modern times. Each new lighting device is illustrated in the center of the panel with onlookers rendered in period dress and an architecturally appropriate setting. When they were reinstalled in the new Seattle City Light Building in 1958, John W. Elliott designed and executed an additional two panels depicting the 20th century air beacon and fluorescent/vapor lighting.A published booklet by Seattle City Light showingThe Evolution of Lightingwas transferred to the John Elliott file in the Architects Reference File (PH Coll 1305) .
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/23 106
Exterior of Seattle City Light Building from street
circa 1930s
1/23 107
Metal logo of City of Seattle Department of Lighting mounted on building exterior
circa 1930s
Seattle First National Bank, 300 Williams Avenue South, Renton, Washington
John W. Elliott designed the repousse britiannia metal panels which were installed in one continuous length above the main entrance of the original bank building. The panels were removed in 1982 when the building was demolished and the panels were transferred to the Renton Historical Society Museum.
Photographs
mapcase item
M291 108
Panoramic assemblage of photographs showing metal panel
Sixteen photographs assembled together with tape on the back to create a panoramic panel. Panel represents various industries in Washington including agriculture, aviation, building, forestry, maritime, shipping, and transportation.
circa 1950s
Box/Folder
1/24 109
Building panel on display at Renton Historical Society Museum
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
1/24 110
Transportation panel on display at Renton Historical Society Museum
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
1/24 111
Forestry panel on display at Renton Historical Society Museum
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
Seattle First National Bank, Broadway Branch, Seattle, Washington
The Seattle First National Bank, constructed circa 1953, featured a semi-circular tympanum divided evenly into three wedge-shaped panels depicting different industries important to the region. The design and execution of the panels is attributed to John W. Elliott. The panels were transferred to a private home.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/25 112a circa 1953
1/25 112b
Aluminum repousse panels over entrance
Tympanum composed of three wedge-shaped panels depicting the area's industries.Enlargement of item 112a.
circa 1953
1/25 113
Aluminum repousse panel depicting the timber industry
circa 1953
Seattle Tower
See: Northern Life Insurance Company building.
United States Post Office, 1603 Larch Street, Longview, Washington
The United States Post Office in Longview was designed by Bebb & Gould with assistance from John Graham, Sr. Construction was completed in 1934. The red brick building featured an entrance with art deco panels in cast aluminum bas-relief representing the region's industries.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/26 114
 Aluminum cast of train panel
Stamped on verso: Silver glaze finish / Jacobsen's / Bellingham, Wash. / Aug 9, 1945.
August 9, 1945
1/26 115
 Aluminum cast of airplane panel
Stamped on verso: Silver glaze finish / Jacobsen's / Bellingham, Wash. / Aug 9, 1945.
August 9, 1945
1/26 116
 Aluminum cast of sawmill panel
Stamped on verso: Silver glaze finish / Jacobsen's / Bellingham, Wash. / Aug 9, 1945.
August 9, 1945
1/26 117
 Aluminum cast of steamship panel
Stamped on verso: Silver glaze finish / Jacobsen's / Bellingham, Wash. / Aug 9, 1945.
August 9, 1945
1/26 118 circa 1945
1/26 119
Window bay featuring grille with aluminum bas-relief panel of a train
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1991
1/26 120
Window bay featuring grille with aluminum bas-relief panel of an airplane
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1991
1/26 121 circa 1991
1/26 122 circa 1991
1/26 123
Window bay featuring grille with aluminum bas-relief panel of a timber-processing operation
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1991
University of Washington buildings, Seattle, Washington
Condon Hall
Alternate name: Herbert H. Gowen Hall.
The first law school building on campus, the John T. Condon Hall (later Gowen Hall), was designed by A. H. Albertson, circa 1932, and featured sculptures in cast stone by John W. Elliott. The sixteen portraits were collectively titledHeads of Lawgivers of the Worldand featured sculpted relief portraits of great figures, notable judges, and famous barristers in legal history. Sculptures include Hammurabi, Moses, Solon, Justinian, Sir Edward Coke, Sir Francis Bacon, Hugo Grotius, William Murray Mansfield, Sir William Blackstone, Jeremy Bentham, John Marshall, James Kent, Joseph Story, Sir Frederick Pollock, Oliver Wendell Holmes, and Benjamin Nathan Cardozo.The UW Law School occupied Condon Hall from its construction in 1932. It was later renamed Gowen Hall, and a new Condon Hall (Condon #2) housing the law school was constructed on Campus Parkway in 1974.
Photographs of clay models
These photographs are modern reprints of 1932 photographs showing the clay models used to cast the medallions. Each photograph is a 3.5 x 5 inch photograph showing two images.
Box/Folder item
1/27 124
Sir William Blackstone and Jeremy Bentham
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/27 125
Sir Edward Coke and Sir Francis Bacon
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/27 126
Hugo Grotius and William Murray Mansfield
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/27 127
Hammurabi and Moses
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/27 128
Oliver Wendell Holmes and Benjamin Nathan Cardozo
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/27 129
John Marshall and James Kent
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/27 130
Solon and Justinian
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/27 131
Joseph Story and Sir Frederick Pollock
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/27 132
Scales of Justice
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
Photographs of ornamental medallions on exterior of Condon Hall
Box/Folder item
1/28 133
 Sir Francis Bacon
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 134
Jeremy Bentham
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 135
Sir William Blackstone
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 136
Benjamin Nathan Cardozo
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 137
 Sir Edward Coke
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 138
Hugo Grotius
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 139
 Hammurabi
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 140
Oliver Wendell Holmes
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 141
Justinian
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 142
James Kent
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 143
William Murray Mansfield
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 144
John Marshall
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 145
 Moses
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 146
Sir Frederick Pollock
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 147
 Solon
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 148
Joseph Story
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/28 149
 Scales of Justice
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
Photographs of drawings
Box/Folder item
1/29 150
Sir Francis Bacon
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/29 151
Jeremy Bentham
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/29 152
Sir William Blackstone
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
Original drawing not included with drawings.
circa 1992
1/29 153
Benjamin Nathan Cardozo
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/29 154
Sir Edward Coke
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
Image taken prior to lettering.
circa 1992
1/29 155
Hugo Grotius
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
Image taken prior to lettering.
circa 1992
1/29 156
 Hammurabi
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/29 157
 Oliver Wendell Holmes
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/29 158
James Kent
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/29 159
William Murray Mansfield
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/29 160
John Marshall
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/29 161
 Moses
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/29 162
Sir Frederick Pollock
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/29 163
Solon
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/29 164
 Joseph Story
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/29 165
 Scales of Justice
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
Drawings
mapcase-folder item
M220 166
Heads of Lawgivers of the Worldmedallions
11 drawings : 11 graphite and color on tracing paper
Full scale drawings of eleven of the sixteen medallions feature Sir Francis Bacon, Jeremy Bentham, Benjamin Nathan Cardozo, Hammurabi, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Hugo Grotius, James Kent, William Murray Mansfield, John Marshall, Sir Frederick Pollock, and Joseph Story.
circa 1932
M220 167
Scales of Justice
1 drawing : 1 graphite and colored pencil on trace
Full scale drawing of the design for the Scales of Justice panel with handwritten notes.
circa 1932
Gerberding Hall
Alternate name: Administration Building.Gerberding Hall was designed by University of Washington Department of Architecture alumni Victor Noble Jones and John T. Jacobsen. Construction was completed in 1949 and featured cast stone decorations and copper repousse panels attributed to John W. Elliott.
Photographs of clay models
Box/Folder item
1/30 168 circa 1949
1/30 169
Clay model for Phi Beta Kappa cast stone panel
circa 1949
1/30 170
Partial view of top half of clay model for Phi Beta Kappa cast stone panel
Image focused on an owl with an open book at the top of the panel.
circa 1949
1/30 171
Partial view of bottom half of clay model for Phi Beta Kappa cast stone panel
Image focused on inscription of UW's motto: Lux Sit 1861.
circa 1949
1/30 172-173
Clay model of gargoyle seen from below
Item 173 scanned from negative.
circa 1949
1/30 174-175
Clay model of gargoyle seen from side
Item 175 scanned from negative.
circa 1949
1/30 176
Clay model of shield depicting different fields of study surrounded by vine ornamentation
Fields of study are represented by a feather quill penn, L-Square, chemistry beaker, and star.Scanned from negative.
circa 1949
1/30 177
Clay model of shield depicting different fields of study surrounded by vine ornamentation with squirrel
Fields of study are represented by a triangle, barbell, and justice scales.Scanned from negative.
circa 1949
1/30 178
Model for building stone featuring names of architects Victor N. Jones and John T. Jacobsen in Gothic script
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
Scanned from negative.
circa 1949
Exterior photographs
Box/Folder item
1/30 179 circa 1990s
1/30 180
 Cast stone UW panels over windows
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
1/30 181 circa 1990s
1/30 182 circa 1990s
1/30 183
Cast stone Phi Beta Kappa spandrel panels
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
Digital print.
circa 1990s
1/30 184
Cast stone UW panel and gargoyle
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
Digital print.
circa 1990s
Guggenheim Hall
Guggenheim Hall was originally designed by John Graham, Sr., and dedicated in 1930 as a facility dedicated to the study of astronomy and aeronatics. The building was renovated in 2007, but John W. Elliott's exterior ornamentation was retained.
Box/Folder item
1/31 185
Dedication plaque
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
Plaque inscribed: Dedicated to the advancement of the science of aeronautics, A. D. 1924.
1991
1/31 186
Floral ornamentation at base of window
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
1991
1/31 187
Gothic tracery window ornamentation and sculptural water spouts
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
1991
1/31 188
Shield and eagle above window
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
1991
Hall Health
Hall Health was designed by Albertson, Wilson & Richard in 1936. John W. Elliott likely executed the model that was used for the terra cotta ornamentation on the outside of the building.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/32 189
Exterior view of Hall Health building
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
1/32 190
Detail image of stone carving
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
Physics Hall
Alternate name: Mary Gates Hall.
Physics Hall was designed by Carlson, Eley & Grevstad in 1928. A southeast wing addition, designed by John Graham & Company, was added to the building in 1949. Some exterior ornamentation is attributed to John W. Elliott.
Photographs of clay models
Box/Folder item
1/33 191
Clay model of floral medallion in studio
circa 1949
1/33 192-193
 Clay model of square leaf ornamentation panel
Item 192 scanned from negative.
circa 1949
1/33 194
Clay model of gargoyle
circa 1949
1/33 195
Clay model of lionshead gargoyle
Scanned from negative.
circa 1949
Exterior photographs
Box/Folder item
1/33 196-200
Gargoyles from below
Scanned from negative.
circa 1949
1/33 201
Parapet, gargoyles, and partial view of window ornamentation from below
Scanned from negative.
circa 1949
1/33 202 circa 1949
1/33 203
Ornamentation over side entrance
Scanned from negative.
circa 1949
1/33 204 circa 1949
1/33 205 circa 1949
1/33 206
Partial view of ornamentation over side entrance
Scanned from negative.
circa 1949
1/33 207 circa 1949
1/33 208
Square leaf ornamentation panel on building exterior
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1991
Washington Athletic Club, Seattle, Washington
The Washington Athletic Club was designed by architect Sherwood D. Ford and constructed in 1930. John W. Elliott was one of four sculptors working with Gladding-McBean & Company on the exterior bas-relief and sculpted terra cotta ornamentation for the Washington Athletic Club Building.
Photographs of clay models
Gladding-McBean & Company photographs have been arranged alpha-numerically by the identifying number in the photograph of each clay model.
Box/Folder item
1/34 209
 Clay model of relief panel with potted fern decoration
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler with identification numbers 1049-AC19 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/34 210
 Clay models of athlete and decorative motif panels
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler with identification numbers AC-25 and 1049-BC7 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/34 211
 Clay model of keystone decorated with floral motif and WAC lettering
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler with identification numbers 1049-BC8 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/34 212
 Clay models of medallions with eagle and food vase
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler with identification numbers 1049-BD1 and 2 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/34 213
 Clay models of medallion with stylized acanthus leaves
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler with identification numbers 1049-BD3 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/34 214
 Clay model of floral motif and spitting head trim
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler with identification numbers 1049-CF1 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/34 215
 Clay model of intermediate cornice
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler with identification numbers 1049-CF18 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/34 216
 Clay model of pier with human figures
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler with identification numbers 1049-CH1 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/34 217
 Clay model of spandrel decorated with fern
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler with identification numbers 1049-CK1 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/34 218
 Clay model of vine ornamentation and sculptural mask
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler with identification numbers 1049-HD1 and HC2 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/34 219
 Clay model of arch section
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler with identification numbers 1049-HF17 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
1/34 220
 Clay models of two flower medallions
Gladding-McBean & Company ruler with identification numbers 1049-SA1 and 2 visible at bottom.
circa 1930
Exterior photographs
Box/Folder item
1/34 221 circa 1990s
1/34 222
 Window ornamentation and spandrel panels
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
1/34 223
 Art deco WAC emblem with wings
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
Washington State Library, Olympia, Washington
John W. Elliott crafted a plane-type sundial in hand-hammered bas relief for the Washington State Library, designed by Paul Thiry. The six-foot sundial, placed between directly in front of the State Library rested on a slab of Wilkeson sandstone. The sundial is divided into seven panels depicting important events in Washington's history, including Vancouver's discoveries in 1792, the establishment of Fort Okanogan in 1811, the erection of Fort Vancouver in 1825, the Cowlitz Convention in 1851, crossing Naches Pass in 1853, the first water-powered sawmill in 1829, the first railroad to Puget Sound in 1883, and the Medicine Creek Treaty in 1854. Historic scenes are encircled by Roman numerals and Zodiac symbols.
Photograph
Box/Folder item
1/35 224 circa 1959
Box/Folder item
K900 225
Documents
Program from the Washington State Library building dedication.
January 23, 1959
Washington State National Guard Armory, Olympia, Washington
The art deco Washington State National Guard Armory was designed by Joseph Wohleb and Roland E. Borhek in 1938. John W. Elliott sculpted the relief eagle that sits above the entry at the apex of the vaulted roof.
Photograph
Box/Folder item
1/36 226
 Partial view of clay model for eagle in studio
Approval stamp and signature on verso by Joseph Wohleb.
circa January 1939
Washington State Seal
John W. Elliott's stylized Washington State Seal features a relief portrait of George Washington with lettering along outer edge.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/37 227 circa 1950s
1/37 228
Photograph of drawing
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 2004
Drawing
mapcase-folder item
M220 229
Full scale drawing of seal
1 drawing : 1 graphite and colored pencil on tracing paper
Full scale drawing of seal features relief portrait of George Washington with lettering around outer edge. Small profile of relief drawn adjacent to seal.
circa 1950s
Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
John Maloney designed the Holland Library building at Washington State University in 1950. The building featured a waiting area with curved leather settee, concentric with a circular writing table. John W. Elliott designed the eight bas-relief bronze floor medallions inset around the writing table. Each of the eight medallions represents a different industry important to the area: power, lumber, agriculture, mining, construction, fisheries, recreation, and business. The plaster casts used in creating the medallions were donated to the Washington State University in 2011.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
1/38 230
Plaster cast for agriculture industry medallion
Design shows two men working with wheat;AGRICULTUREinscribed along outer edge.
circa 1950
1/38 231
Plaster cast for business industry medallion
Design shows two men working with a telephone and calculator;BUSINESSinscribed along outer edge.
circa 1950
1/38 232
Plaster cast for construction industry medallion
Design shows two men working holding a piece of lumber with building framing visible in the background;CONSTRUCTIONinscribed along outer edge.
circa 1950
1/38 233
Plaster cast for fisheries industry medallion
Design shows two men working with nets;FISHERIESinscribed along outer edge.
circa 1950
1/38 234
Plaster cast for lumber industry medallion
Design shows two men holding an axe with trees in the background;LUMBERinscribed along outer edge.
circa 1950
1/38 235
Plaster cast for mining industry medallion
Design shows two men working with a pickaxe;MININGinscribed along outer edge.
circa 1950
1/38 236
Plaster cast for power industry medallion
Design shows two men working with a wrench and switch lever;POWERinscribed along outer edge.
circa 1950
1/38 237
Plaster cast for recreation industry medallion
Design shows two people with mountains, trees, and water;RECREATIONinscribed along outer edge.
circa 1950
1/38 238
 Medallions after bronze casting by Oregon Brass Works
Maurice Hodge, Portland (Photographer)
Image shows all eight medallions presented against a black background.
circa 1950
1/38 239
View of Holland Library waiting area showing placement of medallions in floor
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992

Awards and PlaquesReturn to Top

Container(s) Description Dates
Ann Morrison Memorial Park, 1000 Americana Boulevard, Boise, Idaho
The Ann Morrison Memorial Park is a 145 acre urban park near downtown Boise, Idaho. The park is named after Anna Daly, who married Harry W. Morrison, founder of the Morrison-Knudsen Company. John W. Elliott was the designer and craftsman for the bronze memorial for Anna Daly Morrison.Plaque reads: Ann Morrison Memorial Park / Anna Daly Morrison 1884-1957 / She knew the shrines, the peoples, the cities of faraway lands... yet dearest of all was this, her home, the place she knew as Boise the Beautiful. / Dedicated to her memory by Harry W. Morrison Family Foundation, Inc.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/1 240 circa 1959
2/1 241
Memorial plaque
Plaque includes a portrait of Anna Daly Morrison with memorial text
circa 1959
2/1 242 1959
Box/Folder item
K900 243
Document
Invoice for Ann Daly Morrison memorial plaque addressed to Mr. James L. Brown, General Manager of the Statesman Newspaper in Boise, Idaho.
1959
Bethany Presbyterian Church, 1818 Queen Anne Avenue North, Seattle, Washington
The Bethany Presbyterian Church was designed by architect Charles Hay and constructed in 1930. The commemorative brittania metal panels were designed and executed by John W. Elliott.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/2 244-245
Building committee plaque with names of committee members
Plaque features John W. Elliott's signature in lower right corner.
circa 1929
2/2 246
Memorial plaque for Marjorie Rabel memorial chimes
Plaque reads: Marjorie Rabel memorial chimes, 1906-1931 / The gift of her father and mother, Mr. and Mrs. O. R. Rabel.
circa 1931
J. C. Penney Company, 2nd Avenue and Pike Street, Seattle, Washington
Photograph
Box/Folder item
2/3 247
 Commemorative repousse plaque for D. Roy Johnson
John W. Elliott's signature in lower right corner. Handwritten financials on verso.Repousse plaque commemorates the retirement of D. Roy Johnson. The plaque shows the J. C. Penney Company building in downtown Seattle on Third Avenue with representations of the district manager D. Roy Johnson and his wife and an early store facade. Inscription reads: D. Roy Johnson / From Little Tekoa to Seattle / 1920 - Progress - 1958. Second inscription details his career: Tekoa, Washington, 1924-1926 / Sand Point, Idaho, 1926-1927 / Kalispell, Montana, 1927-1929 / District Manager, 1929-1933 / Spokane, Washington, 1933-1945 / Seattle, Washington, 1945-1958.
circa 1958
King County Hospital, Seattle, Washington
Alternate name: Harborview.
John W. Elliott worked as the designer and craftsman on a repousse dedication plaque for the King County Hospital Outpatient Department. The plaque reads "Dedicated to Health and Welfare" and lists the names of the county commissioners and architects Theodore Damm and Henry Bittman, 1954.
Photograph
Box/Folder item
2/4 248
John W. Elliott in studio standing with repousse dedication plaque
Plaster cast of Jesus Christ from St. Paul's Cathedral in Yakima visible in background.
1954
Nippon Yusen Kaisha Company, Seattle, Washington
John W. Elliott possibly designed and executed the repousse plaque.Plaque reads: Presented by the City of Seattle, Port of Seattle, and Seattle Chamber of Commerce to the Nippon Yusen Kaisha Company in commemoration of the arrival at Seattle, november 23, 1951, of the Heiyo Maru honoring maritime relations between Seattle and Japan which began in August 31, 1896 with the arrival of the Miike Maru, the first Japanese vessel to choose Seattle as its North American port.
Photograph
Box/Folder item
2/4 249
Wooden plaque with circular repousse and commemorative text
Repousse shows steamships and view of port lettered "1896 - NYK - 1951". Plaque is unsigned.
circa 1951
Olympia Brewing Company
John W. Elliott designed and executed two memorial plaques and a series of five commemorative panels for the company. The commemorative jubilee plaque was one of five presented for the fiftieth anniversary of the company in 1946. The remaining four panels depict the art of brewing with scenes taken from the development of Olympia beer. The panels were shown in the lobby building of the new Olympia Brewing Company office and bottling department expansion in 1948.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/5 250 circa 1946
2/5 251
 Art of brewing panel shows the scientific lab
John W. Elliott's signature in lower right corner of plaque.
circa 1946
2/5 252
 Art of brewing panel shows the fermentation tank and bottling operations
John W. Elliott's signature in lower right corner of plaque.
circa 1946
2/5 253
 Art of brewing panel shows the transportation of bottled beer and kegs
John W. Elliott's signature in lower right corner of plaque.
circa 1946
2/5 254
Commemorative plaque for 50th anniversary
Plaque contains inscription commemorating the 50th anniversary (Golden Jubilee Celebration). The original wooden brewhouse is shown at bottom of plaque. John W. Elliott's signature in lower right corner. Inscription reads: Appreciation from employees of the Olympia Brewing Company / 50th Anniversary 1896-1946 / to Peter G. Schmidt, President, Adolph D. Schmidt, Vice-Presidence / Leopold F. Schmidt, 1846-Founder-1914.
circa 1946
2/5 255
Plaster cast of commemorative plaque for Adolph D. Schmidt
Maurice Hodge, Portland (Photographer)
Artist's signature in lower right corner.
circa 1947
2/5 256
 Dedication ceremony for Peter G. Schmidt memorial plaque with sculptor John W. Elliott at microphone
People identified from left to right: John W. Elliott, sculptor (at microphone); Roy Hall, office manager; Gus Lorenzen; Mrs. Peter (Clara) G. Schmidt; Peter G. Schmidt, Jr.; Marie Strang; Clara Louise Huffine; and Mrs. Adolph D. Schmidt, Sr.
March 11, 1958
2/5 257
Dedication ceremony for Peter G. Schmidt memorial plaque with office manager Roy Hall at microphone
March 11, 1958
2/5 258
Commemorative plaque for Adolph D. Schmidt
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
Plaque has a portrait of Adolph D. Schmidt with inscription below: In honor and memory of our friend and employer, Adolph D. Schmidt, this bronze is respectfully dedicated as a token of affection and esteem by the employees of the Olympia Brewing Company.
circa 1990s
2/5 259
Commemorative plaque for Peter G. Schmidt
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
Plaque has a portrait of Peter G. Schmidt with inscription below: In honor and memory of our friend and employer, Peter G. Schmidt, this bronze is respectfully dedicated as a token of affection and esteem by the employees of the Olympia Brewing Company.
circa 1990s
2/5 260
Plaques on display at Schmidt House in the Tumwater Historic District
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
Drawings
Art of brewing panels
mapcase-folder item
M220 261
Artesian well at Tumwater Falls
6 drawings : 5 graphite on tracing paper, 1 photostat (negative) reproduction
Drawings show the conceptual development of the panel representing the artesian well at Tumwater Falls. Small drawing focuses on rendering the detail in the hops, wheat, and barley; multiple drawings focus on rendering elements of the waterfall, bridge, and rocks that appear at the center of the image. Fully rendered final design is included with these drawings, as is a photostat print of the final design.
circa 1946
M220 262a
Scientific lab
2 drawings : 2 graphite on tracing paper
Two drawings, both rendered by hand, show the panel design representing the scientific research behind brewing. Drawings are different sizes.
circa 1946
Box
XArC1 262b
Scientific lab photostat
1 drawing : 1 photostat print
Two drawings, both rendered by hand, show the panel design representing the scientific research behind brewing. Drawings are different sizes.
circa 1946
mapcase-folder
M220 263a
Fermentation tank and bottling operation
1 drawing : 1 graphite on tracing paper
Design for the plaque is rendered with the fermentation tank at the center of the image with four smaller images in the corners showing the bottling operation.
circa 1946
Box
XArC1 263b
Fermentation tank and bottling operation photostat
1 drawing : 1 photostat print
Photostat print contains a photograph of the fermentation tank at Olympia Brewing Company that has been marked by the artist to indicate how different fixtures in the room should be relocated and dimensioned to create the plaque's final design.
circa 1946
mapcase-folder
M220 264
Transportation of bottled beer and kegs
3 drawings : 2 graphite on tracing paper, 1 graphite on heavy paper
Design for panel showing kegs being loaded onto a truck at center with smaller images of crating the beer, a warehouse and forklift, ship transportation, and train transportation in corners. Drawing on heavy paper has handwritten notes in margins.
circa 1946
Commemorative plaque for 50th Anniversary
Plaque is inscribed: Appreciation from employees of the Olympia Brewing Company / 50th Anniversary 1896-1946 / to Peter G. Schmidt, President, Adolph D. Schmidt, Vice-President / Leopold F. Schmidt, 1846-Founder-1914. Inscription is framed by leaves on each side and an image of the brewery building at bottom.
Box item
XArC1 265a
Final design
1 photographic reproduction : 1 photostat (negative) print with graphite (2 pieces)
Slightly reduced photostat reproduction of commemorative plaque design shows the finished design.
circa 1946
mapcase-folder
M220 265b
Design drawings for commemorative plaque
2 drawings : 2 graphite on tracing paper
One drawing is partially rendered and shows an incomplete name for Alfred D. Schmidt.
circa 1946
Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, Washington
John W. Elliott designed a bronze plaque placed at the entrance to the student union building at Pacific Lutheran University in 1949. The bronze citation plaque recognized donors for their contributions in the construction of the new building. The plaque is etched with John W. Elliott's signature in the lower right corner. The plaque was removed after the building was replaced in 1970.
Photograph
Box/Folder item
2/6 266
Bronze citation plaque
Richards Studio, Tacoma (Photographer)
Location of plaque drawn on verso.
circa 1949
Parkland World War II Memorial, 121st Street and Pacific Avenue, Parkland, Washington
John W. Elliott designed a bronze plaque memorializing soldiers from Parkland, Washington, who died in World War II. Plaque reads: In honor and memory of Parkland men who gave their lives in the service of their country, World War II / Pax Vobiscum [peace with you]. The plaque lists the names of the following men: Vernon F. Becker, Robert J. Benson, Lloyd D. Farnell, George C. Galbraith, Lawrence M. Ganes, Robert Gunns, Robert E. Hutchins, Lloyd O. Jensen, Theodore G. Lowell, Rodger W. Lunde, Laverne O. Nelson, Robert W. Owens, Richard W. Selden, James P. Severson, and Lester Skanse. Thr plaque measured 24 inches tall and 18 inches wide. The plaque was originally mounted on grounds belonging to the Franklin Pierce School district that were later sold to Pierce Transit for construction of the Parkland Transit Center. The plaque was vandalized and stolen in September 2007 and returned to its location in May 2010 after repairs.
Photograph
Box/Folder item
2/6 267
Memorial plaque
Art Forde and Fred Carter, Seattle (Photographer)
John W. Elliott's signature in lower right corner of plaque and on verso of photograph.
circa 1947-1948
Seattle Chamber of Commerce Paul Bunyan Trophy Award, Seattle, Washington
The Paul Bunyan Trophy Award was established in 1944 by the Seattle Chamber of Commerce as an annual competition to recognize the efforts of promoting and publicizing Seattle nationally. The award was referred to as Seattle's 'Oscar' of advertising and promotion. The plaque was crafted in britannia metal repousse by John W. Elliott, working in collaboration with Kenneth Callahan. The plaque featured Paul Bunyan standing with his axe and ox.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/7 268
Plaque with blank inscription plate
Gerald Beaudin, Seattle (Photographer)
circa 1940s
2/7 269
Plaque presented to Boeing Aircraft Company, 1944
Plaque reads: Boeing Aircraft Company / Greatest amount of publicity favorable to Seattle in 1944.
circa 1944
2/7 270
John W. Elliott at 1944 awards banquet for Paul Bunyan Trophy to Boeing Aircraft Company
January 1945
2/7 271
Awards banquet for Paul Bunyan Trophy
Banquet probably for the presentation of the 1944 Paul Bunyan Trophy to Boeing Airplane Company or the 1945 Paul Bunyan Trophy to the Seattle Times.
circa 1945
2/7 272
Presentation of plaque to the Seattle Times in 1945
circa 1945
2/7 273
Plaque presented to The Seattle Times in 1945
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
2/7 274
View of inscription on Seattle Times plaque
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
Plaque reads: The Paul Bunyan Trophy / Awarded by the Seattle Chamber of Commerce to The Seattle Times in recognition of its outstanding accomplishment in bringing favorable national publicity to Seattle during 1945.
circa 1990s
Seattle waterfront plaques, Seattle, Washington
Seattle added markers to indicate historic points of interest along the waterfront. John W. Elliott modeled the rope plaque in his home studio. The plaque was dedicated in 1959 in honor of the 1897 arrival of the S. S. Portland, marking the start of the Alaskan Gold Rush.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/8 275
View of watefront with bronze plaque mounted to anchor
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
2/8 276
Bronze plaque commemorating the S. S. Portland's arrival in Seattle
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
Shell Oil Company
Silver repousse plaque attributed to John W. Elliott.
Photograph
Box/Folder item
2/8 277
Silver repousse award plaque for the 1926 intercity oil sales contest
Plaque reads: Shell Company of California / Inter-city Lubricating Oil Sales Contest, 1926.
1926
Statesman Printing Company, Boise, Idaho
Memorial plaque featuring relief portait of Calvin Cobb, publisher for the Idaho Statesman. TheCalvin Cobb Memorial Plaquewas designed and executed by John W. Elliott in 1954 and mounted on the granite adjacent to the entrance at the Statesman Printing Company.
Photograph
Box/Folder item
2/8 278
Calvin Cobb memorial plaque
Portrait of Calvin Cobb. Plaque is inscribed: Calvin Cobb, Publisher, The Idaho Statesman, 1889-1928. John W. Elliot's signature is visible in lower right corner of plaque.
circa 1954
Box/Folder item
K900 279
Document
Letter from Statesman Printing Company to John W. Elliott acknowledging receipt of the memorial plaque.
June 7, 1954
Victory Square, 5th Avenue and University Street, Seattle, Washington
Victory Square was dedicated on May 2, 1942. Victory Square was intended to raise money and morale for the World War II war effort. The square featured a speaker's stand in the shape of Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello, and a replica of the Washington monument inscribed with the names of King County soldiers who had died in the war. The monument was removed in 1949 and this plaque was installed on the site of Victory Square. The plaque was removed in 1975 during the construction of the Rainier Bank Tower on the site of the monument and placed inside the building after its completion.Plaque reads: At this site known as Victory Square the citizens of Seattle and King County rallied their efforts toward victory in World War II, 1942-1945. Here were recorded the names of our brave citizens who gave their lives in that great conflict. To every Seattle citizen this ground will forever remain sacred.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/9 280
 Plaster cast of memorial plaque by Oregon Brass Works
Maurice Hodge, Portland, Oregon (Photographer)
Photograph taken for Oregon Brass Works.
circa 1949
2/9 281
Memorial plaque in Rainier Square concourse
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
2/9 282
Memorial plaque informational panel in Rainier Square concourse
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
Washington State Fisheries
John W. Elliott crafted a repousse plaque featuring a king salmon presented to Warren Magnuson in 1946.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/9 283
Plaque featuring king salmon in repousse presented to West Seattle Kiwanis Club
Plaque reads: West Seattle Kiwanis Club Traveling Salmon.
circa 1946
2/9 284
Plaque featuring king salmon in repousse presented to Warren G. Magnuson
Plaque reads: King Salmon of the State of Washington presented to United States Senator Warren G. Magnuson.John W. Elliott's signature and contact information on verso.
circa 1946
Drawings
mapcase-folder item
M220 285
Full scale drawing of fish
2 drawings : 1 graphite on prepared tracing paper, 1 diazo reproduction (blue) with graphite on bond
J. C. Clausen (Engineer)
Full scale sketch of of fish by and reproduction working drawing showing the fish in reversed profile with location detail by J. C. Clausen, Engineer. Written on verso of reproduction: "Salmon" for Washington State Fisheries. J. W. E. Original Drawings for Repousse Salmon.
June 24, 1946

Religious statuary and ecclesiastical metalworkReturn to Top

Container(s) Description Dates
Bethany Presbyterian Church, 1818 Queen Anne Avenue North, Seattle, Washington
See series titled "Awards and Plaques" for information on the brittania metal commemorative panels Elliott crafted for Bethany Presbyterian Church.
Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Kennewick, Washington
Drawings
mapcase-folder item
M220 286
Design drawing for hanging cross
1 drawing : 1 diazotype (blue) reproduction on bond
H. C. Whitehouse, Spokane (Architect)
Drawing shows the bronze and sterling silver cross with center medallion featuring the Chi Rho symbol, lamb, and blue enameled background. Notes indicate the cross featured holly and ebony wood trim; also shows details of mounting plates and side elevation.
circa 1959
The Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, Spokane, Washington
Designed by Harold C. Whitehouse and constructed in 1961. The church featured a floor medallions by John W. Elliott.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/10 287
Plaster cast of floral motif
Trendall Studio, Seattle (Photographer)
Approval signature by architect H. Whitehouse on back.
circa 1961
2/10 288
 Plaster cast of shield with crown
Shield is lettered: Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus.Approval signature by architect H. Whitehouse on verso, dated June 5, 1961.
circa 1961
2/10 289
 Plaster cast of shield with eagle
Approval signature by architect H. Whitehouse on verso, dated June 5, 1961.
circa 1961
2/10 290
Floor medallion prior to installation
circa 1961
2/10 291
Floor medallion installed
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
2/10 292 circa 1990s
Drawings
Box item
XArC1 293
Coat of arms
1 drawing : 1 diazotype reproduction (brown) with graphite on bond
Coat of arms features a stag on each side of a shield with the motto "Deus Caritas Veritas" written below. Shield has a sun behind a cross indicating the Anglican Communion.
circa 1961
mapcase-folder
M220 294
Floor medallion
2 drawings : 1 diazo (blue) reproduction with graphite (on verso) on bond; 1 diazo (blue) reproduction with colored pencil on bond
Reproductions of a full-scale detail drawing for a circular floor medallion. Medallion shows a coat of arms, featuring a shield topped by a bishop's mitre, at center with rays extending to outer inscription: The tower is gratefully dedicated to Rt. Rev. Edward M. Cross, Cathedral founder. One reproduction has been cut into the round medallion shape and features a reverse image of the medallion drawn in graphite on verso.
circa 1961
Episcopal Diocese of Olympia, Olympia, Washington
John W. Elliott designed and executed a custom crosier of silver and ebony for Bishop Ivol Ira Curtis. Inside the crook, Elliott reproduced the diocesan seal in repousse featuring a boat surmounted by a mitre (the bishop's headpiece). The custom crosier was made possible through a gift of the people of St. James parish, Los Angeles, where Bishop Curtis was a rector, and from the clergy of the Diocese of Olympia.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/11 295a 1966
2/11 295b
Detail view of crosier
Reprinted from original.
circa 1966
2/11 296
Crook and repousse seal
circa 1966
First Presbyterian Church, Spring Street between 7th and 8th Avenues, Seattle, Washington
John W. Elliott designedThe Russell S. Callow Memorial Crosslocated in the garth, an enclosed garden or cloister connecting church buildings, in 1962. The cross is patterned after a cross at St. Martin's Abbey in Iona, Scotland, where Western European Christianity has its roots, and features Celtic ornamental motifs on one side and relief carvings of Biblical scenes on the north side.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/12 297
 View of cross in courtyard showing Celtic symbols
Hugh N. Stratford, Mountlake Terrace (Photographer)
circa 1962
2/12 298
 View of cross in courtyard showing relief carvings and memorial plaque
Hugh N. Stratford, Mountlake Terrace (Photographer)
circa 1962
2/12 299
View of cross showing Celtic symbols
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1992
2/12 300
View of cross showing relief carvings and memorial plaque
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 2000s
Mount St. Vincent retirement home, Seattle, Washington
The chapel contained shrines to St. Joseph and the Virgin Mary designed and crafted by John W. Elliott in repousse on German silver.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/13 301
Repousse depiction of St. Joseph
circa 1957
2/13 302
Repousse depiction of the Virgin Mary
circa 1957
2/13 303
Framed repousse depiction of St. Joseph
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
St. Catherine of Siena Church, 814 East 85th Street, Seattle, Washington
Designed by James M. Klontz & Associates, circa 1959. The church featured copper repousse gates by John W. Elliott.
Drawing
mapcase-folder item
M220 304
Communion rail panel
1 drawing : 1 graphite and colored pencil on bond
Design for altar rail shows a square panel with three clusters of grapes arranged in a triangle, center, surrounded by medallions in outer frame. Each medallion contains a different symbol of the church. Outer medallions not present in final design.
circa 1961
Box/Folder item
K900 305
Document
Photocopied documentation of a phone call between Bill Elliott and James Klontz in 1990 confirming that John W. Elliott was commissioned for the communion rail.
circa 1990s
St. John the Evangelist Church, 121 North 80th Street, Greenwood, Seattle, Washington
A. H. Albertson designed the Romanesque church in the Greenwood neighborhood of Seattle in 1931. John W. Elliott, working as an architectural sculptor for Gladding-McBean & Company, designed and crafted exterior ornamentation on the church. Most notably, the church featured a metalwork tympanum over its entrance featuring a cross and haloed eagle representing St. John.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/14 306a-b
 Clay model of tympanum in studio
Item (a) contains detailed finish instructions on verso by John W. Elliott.Item (b) is signed on verso by John W. Elliott with notes: Main entrance, St. John's Church, Seattle, Wash. / Albertson, Wilson, Richardson, Architects / Gladding McBean, Contractors, Seattle, Wash.Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1106-AL1 visible at bottom.
circa 1931
2/14 307
Detail view of clay model of haloed eagle in tympanum
circa 1931
2/14 308 circa 1931
2/14 309
 Tympanum and archivolt
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Church, Seattle, Washington
The repousse reliquary at St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Church is attributed to John W. Elliott. The reliquary featured motifs associated with the saint including Celtic rings, clovers, and symbols of the Church.
Photograph
Box/Folder item
2/15 310
Locking reliquary with glass window and repousse around outer edge
Bill Elliott (Photographer)
circa 1990s
Drawing
Box item
XArB1 311
Reliquary lid design
1 drawing : 1 graphite on tracing paper
St. Paul's Cathedral, Yakima, Washington
Designed by John Maloney, 1927. John W. Elliott worked with Gladding-McBean & Company to cast the religious relief sculptures of the four gospels (St. Matthew, St. Mark, St. Luke, and St. John), St. Paul, and Jesus Christ.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/16 312
 Sculptural reliefs of Jesus Christ and St. Mark
Shown with Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 2-1105-AG3.
circa 1927
2/16 313
 Sculptural reliefs of St. Luke and St. Matthew
Shown with Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 4-1105-AG5.
circa 1927
2/16 314
 Sculptural reliefs of St. John and St. Paul
Shown with Gladding-McBean & Company ruler and identification number 1-1106-AG6.
circa 1927
2/16 315
Image of four sculptural reliefs with moulding samples
circa 1927
2/16 316
 Sculptural relief of St. Matthew, identified by writing tablet
Also pictured in Gladding-McBean & Company 1-1106-AG5.
circa 1927
2/16 317
Sculptural relief of St. Paul, identified by sword
Also pictured in Gladding-McBean & Company 1-1106-AG6.
circa 1927
2/16 318
Sculptural relief of St. John, identified by eagle
Also pictured in Gladding-McBean & Company 1-1106-AG6.
circa 1927
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1200 10th Avenue East, Seattle, Washington
The Trinity Lutheran Church was designed by Oliver Olson and constructed in 1951. John W. Elliott contributed a set of three bas-relief panels depicting the crucifixion, nativity, and ascension mounted above the entrance to the church.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/17 319
 Left relief panel depicting the Nativity
J. Edson Farrar, Seattle (Photographer)
John W. Elliot's signature visible in lower right corner of panel.
November 1, 1950
2/17 320
 Center relief panel depicting the Crucifixion
J. Edson Farrar, Seattle (Photographer)
John W. Elliot's signature visible in lower right corner of panel.
November 1, 1950
2/17 321
 Right relief panel depicting the Ascension
J. Edson Farrar, Seattle (Photographer)
John W. Elliot's signature visible in lower right corner of panel.
November 1, 1950
2/17 322 circa 1990s
Trinity Parish Episcopal Church, 609 8th Avenue, Seattle, Washington
Repousse sterling silver altar set designed and executed by John W. Elliott for St. Margaret's Chapel in 1943. The altar set contained two chalices, a cross, and two candlesticks. The cross displays symbols of the twelve apostles and the four evangelists on the base. Inscribed on back of cross: This set was presented to St. Margaret's Chapel to the Glory of God and in loving memory of Harry Lee Timm by his wife Margaret Elliott Timm, July 12, 1943.
Photographs
Box/Folder item
2/18 323 circa 1943
2/18 324
Altar set in St. Margaret's Chapel
circa 1943
2/18 325
Cross with inscription
circa 1943
Drawings
Box/Folder item
XArB1 326
Candlestick holder
2 drawings : 2 graphite on tracing paper
Plan of base and detail drawing of engraved ornamentation.
circa 1943
Box/Folder item
K900 327
Document
Typewritten document describing the altar set and providing a transcription of the text on the cross.
circa 1943
Young Women's Christian Association, Seattle, Washington
John W. Elliott executed the design for the cross given to the YWCA chapel by Bishop Bayne, Bishop of Olympia, 1947-1959.
Box/Folder item
2/19 328
Document
Digital print of a Christmas greeting card from Durham, Anderson & Freed with illustration of the cross given to the YWCA.Inside of card is written: Our design for this cross was executed by John W. Elliott and given to the Chapel of the downtown YWCA by the Rt. Rev. Stephen F. Bayne, Bishop of Olympia.Opposite page: We are grateful for the oportunities given us for creative design during this year. We hope the Christmas Season will bring you happiness now and throughout the New Year. Edward R. O'Neil, Richard Peterson, A. E. Chase, Robert A. Eckert, H. Leed Carmean, Kenneth M. Piper, Jerry R. Geyer, Robert E. Fansler, Lloyd L. Black, Robert Overstreet, Frederick Farmer, Virginia Hansen, Robert L. Durham, David R. Anderson, Aaron Freed.
circa 1950s

Names and SubjectsReturn to Top

  • Other Creators :
    • Personal Names :
    • Elliott, Bill
    • Elliott, John W. (John William), 1883-1971 (artist)
    • Corporate Names :
    • Gladding, McBean and Company (creator)

Names and SubjectsReturn to Top

  • Subject Terms :
  • Visual Materials Collections (University of Washington)