Lynn S. Huffaker daybooks, 1959-1965 PDF
- Huffaker, Lynn S., 1910-1965
- Lynn S. Huffaker daybooks
- 1959-1965 (inclusive)19591965
- 1 box, (.25 linear ft.)
- Collection Number
- USU_COLL MSS 153
- This one-box collection contains the daybooks of Lynn S. Huffaker. The five daybooks (1959-1961 and 1963-1964) contain a log of Huffaker's personal life and farm labors in rural Woodruff, Utah. These daybooks discuss the business of growing and marketing hay, barley, cattle, and sheep, procuring irrigation water, maintaining farm machinery, as well as Huffaker's personal observations, which provide an insightful record about daily life on a farm in rural northern Utah.
- Utah State University, Merrill-Cazier Library, Special Collections and Archives Division
Special Collections & Archives
Utah State University
- Access Restrictions
Open to public research.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Lynn Shelby Huffaker was born August 5, 1910 in Woodruff, Utah, to Shelby and Marry Ellen Dean Huffaker. On December 21, 1933 Huffaker married Eddis Longhurst in the Salt Lake City LDS Temple. Thereafter they had three sons and two daughters, LeRoy, Stephan, Lyle, Lou Ann, and Kristine. Huffaker worked as a farmer and rancher at Woodruff throughout his life, and served as a secretary to the Woodruff Irrigation Company. On December 2, 1965, Lynn S. Huffaker died at the age of 55.
Source: Uinta County Herald, December 4, 1965.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This one-box collection contains the daybooks of Lynn S. Huffaker. The five daybooks (1959--1961 and 1963--1964) contain a log of Huffaker's personal life and farm labors in rural Woodruff, Utah. The one folder contains loose papers related to Huffaker and a copy of his 1965 Uinta County Herald obituary.
These daybooks discuss the business of growing and marketing hay, barley, cattle, and sheep, procuring irrigation water, maintaining farm machinery, as well as Huffaker's personal observations, which provide an insightful record about daily life on a farm in rural northern Utah.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
It is the responsibility of the user to obtain permission to publish from the owner of the copyright (the institution, the creator of the record, the author or his/her transferees, heirs, legates, or literary executors). The user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Utah State University Libraries, its officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims made by any person asserting that he or she is an owner of copyright.
Permission to publish material from the Lynn S. Huffaker daybooks must be obtained from the Special Collections Manuscript Curator and/or the Special Collections Department Head.
Lynn S. Huffaker daybooks, 1959-1965. (COLL MSS 153). Utah State University. Special Collections and Archives Department.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||Book 1: Farm daybook||1959|
|1||Book 2: Farm daybook||1960|
|1||Book 3: Farm daybook||1961|
|1||Book 4: Farm daybook||1963|
|1||Book 5: Farm daybook||1964|
|1||1||Misc papers and a copy of Huffaker's obituary|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Farm life--Utah--Woodruff.
- Personal Names :
- Huffaker, Lynn S., 1910-1965.
- Geographical Names :
- Woodruff (Utah)--History.