Walter Federn papers, 1956-1968 PDF
- Federn, ErnstFedern, Walter, 1910-1967
- Walter Federn papers
- 1956-1968 (inclusive)19561968
- 1.0 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- A 295
- Walter Federn (1910-1967) was an Egyptologist who received his Ph.D at the University of Vienna and who was interested in the history of science and medicine. The collection (1956-1968) contains correspondence, including incoming letters from James. H. Breasted, and Immanuel Velikovsky, and also a short biography of Walter Federn.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
From a young age, Walter Federn (1910-1967) wanted to become an Egyptologist. He received his Ph.D from the University of Vienna in 1934. Federn was able to read and translate over twelve languages. After 1950, he turned to history of science and medicine, and became a research assistant at Mount Sinai hospital.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection is organized first by the initial donation, then subsequent accession(s).
The initial donation contains correspondence (1956-1962) organized into three sections: outgoing letters; incoming letters from James. H. Breasted; and incoming letters from Immanuel Velikovsky.
Accession 91.111M/Up 515: includes correspondence of Walter Federn and Ernst Federn, a biography of Walter Federn prepared by Ernst Federn, obituaries of Walter Federn, and a Doctorate certificate (in Latin). This accession is filed in the same box as the initial donation.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Welter Federn papers, A 295, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Historians--United States--Correspondence
- Personal Names :
- Federn, Walter, 1910-1967
- Form or Genre Terms :