Freemen Institute records, 1963-1980 PDF
- Freemen Institute
- Freemen Institute records
- 1963-1980 (inclusive)19631980
- 1 box, (0.5 linear feet)
- Collection Number
- The Freemen Institute records consist of pamphlets, course outlines, clippings, questionnaires, drafts of critical essays, correspondence, and notes. Also included are transcripts of speeches by Ezra Taft Benson supporting the organization. The Freemen Institute was a conservative political organization based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Many of its members were Mormon Church members.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this Collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Freemen Institute records consist of pamphlets, course outlines, clippings, questionnaires, drafts of critical essays, correspondence, and notes. Also included are transcripts of speeches by Ezra Taft Benson supporting the organization.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the Freemen Institute records must be obtained from the Special Collections Manuscript Curator.
Initial Citation: Freemen Institute records, Accn 1171, Box [ ]. Special Collections and Archives. University of Utah, J. Willard Marriott. Salt Lake City, Utah.
Following Citations: Accn 1171.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||Articles by Linda Sillitoe, regarding the Freeman Institute|
|2||Behind the Scenes newsletters||1980|
|3||Speeches by Ezra Taft Benson||circa 1976, 1979-1980|
|4||California Family Women newsletters||1980|
|5||Conservative groups, pamphlets and flyers||1976-1980|
|6||Correspondence regarding the Freeman Institute||1963-1980|
|7||W. Cleaon Skousen, Lecture Outline of the " Miracle of America" Study Course|
|8||" Miracle of America," flyers and lecture transcripts||1979|
|9||Jerome Horowitz, " The Constitution of Our Founding Fathers"||1980|
|14||Political questionnaires concerning the Freeman Institute|
|15||Carroll Quigley interview concerning the Naked Capitalist||1972|
|16||Sponser list of the Freemen Digest|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Conservatism--United States
- Mormons--Political activity
- Right and left (Political science)
- Personal Names :
- Benson, Ezra Taft, 1899-
- Corporate Names :
- Freemen Institute--Archives
- Freemen Institute--History--Sources
- Geographical Names :
- Utah--Politics and government--Philosophy
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Drafts (documents)