Bureau of Indian Affairs Maps, 1848-1913 PDF
- Kentta, Robert
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Maps
- 1848-1913 (inclusive)18481913
- 0.6 cubic feet, including 20 maps
- Collection Number
- OrSlTCC Bureau
- The collection contains copies of maps depicting western Oregon reservations, allotments, and exploration expeditions of the Oregon Territory from 1848-1913.
- Confederated Tribes of the Siletz, Tribal Cultural Collections
402 Park Way P.O. Box 549
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Collection materials are in English.
- Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant rewarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection focuses on western Oregon reservations, allotments, and exploration expeditions of the Oregon Territory. A portion of the maps concentrate on the Siletz Reservation from its first reduction with the Presidential Order of December 21, 1865 to 1913. A majority of the maps originate from the Central Map Files at the National Archives, Washington, D.C.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Bureau of Indian Affairs Maps, Siletz Tribal Cultural Collections, Siletz, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/3||8: Proposed reservation
|1/3||189: Map of Oregon and Upper California
Fremont, John C.
|1/3||234: Early map of Nez Perce and Bannock tribal lands|
|1/3||337: Topographical map of the road from Missouri to Oregon||circa 1860|
|1/3||343: Topographical map of the road from Missouri to Oregon
Preuss, Charles, 1803-1854
|1/3||347: Oregon-Washington Territory Map
Wilkes, Charles, 1798-1877
|1/3||360: Map of Oregon and reduced reservation||1861|
|1/3||361: A diagram of public surveys in Oregon||1863|
|1/3||362: Map of Oregon, Military Department of Oregon
|1/3||363: Diagram of Oregon
|1/3||547: Diagram of Oregon showing reservations and land ceded by Willamette Valley tribes||1861|
|1/3||973: Diagram of reservations and tracts of land purchased from the various tribes in Oregon||1864|
|1/3||1163: Map of boundary lines of the Siletz Reservation
Fenton, Jefferson D.
|1/3||1433-1: Map of Umatilla Region
|1/3||4033: Map of Siletz
Egbert, Knott C.
|1/3||6107: Map of wagon road surveys in the Siletz Reservation and in Lincoln County
|1/3||7724: Siletz Reservation
|1/3||8554: Siletz Reservation
|1/3||8856: Map showing Siletz Reservation Indian allotments
Egbert, Knott C.
|1/3||9053: Survey for Siletz Power and MFG Co.||1917|
|1/3||10284: Lands ceded by the Klamath and Modoc tribes and the Yohooskin band of Snake Indians||1864|
|1/3||Forest and Grazing Division: Timber sales map of former Siletz Reservation
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Allotment of land--Oregon
- Indian agents--Oregon
- Indian reservations--Oregon
- Geographical Names :
- Siletz Indian Reservation (Or.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Egbert, Knott C. (creator)
- Fenton, Jefferson D. (creator)
- Preuss, Charles, 1803-1854 (creator)
- Simpson, Benjamin (creator)
- Wilkes, Charles, 1798-1877 (creator)
- Corporate Names :
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (creator)
- National Archives and Records Service (creator)