Henry E. Haefner papers, 1909-1925 PDF
- Haefner, Henry E., 1884-
- Henry E. Haefner papers
- 1909-1925 (inclusive)19091925
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- CB H118a
- Henry E. Haefner was a forester. The collection contains a copy of his recollections of working in Oregon as a forester from 1908 to 1953, including sixteen years in the Siskiyou National Forest.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Henry E. Haefner was a forester in the Siskiyou National Forest and Oregon. He was born in 1884. He lived in Portland, Oregon in 1978 when he wrote his recollections.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of Haefner's recollections of his work as a forester in Oregon from 1908 to 1953, including sixteen years in the Siskiyou National Forest.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Henry E. Haefner Papers, CB H118a, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
RecollectionsReturn to Top
The First Ninety-four Years, 1884-1978
93 pages, typewritten
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Forest reserves--Oregon--Management
- Forests and forestry--Oregon
- Personal Names :
- Haefner, Henry E., 1884---Archives
- Corporate Names :
- United States. Forest Service--Officials and employees
- Geographical Names :
- Siskiyou National Forest (Or. and Calif.)--History
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication