Edgar F. Averill papers, 1934-1939 PDF
- Averill, Edgar F., 1881-
- Edgar F. Averill papers
- 1934-1939 (inclusive)19341939
- 0.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- Ax 188
- Edgar F. Averill was president of the Oregon Wildlife Federation. The collection comprises correspondence relating to the conservation of natural resources in Oregon from 1934 to 1939.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Edgar F. Averill was born in 1881. He served as president of the Oregon Wildlife Federation in the 1930s.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection comprises approximately 300 letters, dated from 1934 to 1939. The correspondence concerns the business of the Oregon Wildlife Federation, a proposal to reorganize the Oregon State Game Commission, plans of the Oregon Stream Purification League, and the regulation of fishing on the Umpqua River. There is also a file of correspondence with William L. Finley, 1937-1939.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Edgar F. Averill Papers, Ax 188, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
CorrespondenceReturn to Top
William L. Finley
Petitions, constitutional amendment
American Game Association
Steam Purification League, Oregon
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Conservation of natural resources--Oregon
- Fishery law and legislation--Oregon--Umpqua River
- Personal Names :
- Averill, Edgar F., 1881---Archives
- Finley, William L. (William Lovell), 1876-1953--Correspondence
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon Stream Purification League
- Oregon Wildlife Federation
- Oregon. State Game Commission