William David Ball papers, 1920-1965 PDF
- Ball, William David, 1885-
- William David Ball papers
- 1920-1965 (inclusive)19201965
- 0.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- Ax 704
- William David Ball (1885 - ?) was a writer of short stories and photoplays and edited a book regarding markets and methods for writers. The collection (1920-1965) contains manuscripts of short stories and articles, correspondence, and memorabilia.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
William David Ball (1885 - ?) was born in Denver, Colorado and educated at the University of Denver. He became a writer of short stories, photoplays, and edited the book, Writers Markets and Methods. He also served as president of the Palmer Institute of Authorship.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1920-1965) contains manuscripts of short stories, organized by titled, and material includes drafts and edits. The collection also contains personal memorabilia such as certificates from the Marine Corps and for teaching.
Correspondence includes a series of letters written in 1925, when Ball was in New York, working on the story line for the motion picture, Flaming Youth.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], William David Ball papers, Ax 704, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Authors, American--20th century
- Motion picture scripts
- Short stories
- Short stories, American--Authorship
- Personal Names :
- Ball, William David, 1885-
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication