Ole Ranmael Papers, 1890-1911 PDF
- Ranmael, Ole
- Ole Ranmael Papers
- 1890-1911 (inclusive)18901911
- 3 folders
- Collection Number
- Mss 244
- The collection contains family and business records of Ole Ranmael, a miner who came to Montana from Denmark in the 1890s.
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and The University of Montana--Missoula.
- Danish, English
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Ole Ranmael appears to have come from Denmark with his brother Arne about 1891 to Livingston, Montana. They established several mining claims in Park County, Montana, in 1906 and 1908. Ole was a member of the Cooke Miners Union No. 165 of the Western Federation of Miners, Mining Department of the I.W.W. In March, 1911, he married Olive S. McGetrick; they settled in Ronan, Montana.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains a group of family and business correspondence, 1890-1913; an insurance certificate from 1900; membership books from the Western Federation of Miners, 1906-1908; Certificates of Location for mining claims, 1906-1908; a personal account book, 1891-1893; two school autograph books, 1886-1887; and his marriage announcement, 1911.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes. Copyright status unknown.
[Name of document or photograph number], Ole Ranmael Papers, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana--Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Danish American--Montana--Park County
- Immigrants--Montana--Park County
- Labor unions--Montana--Park County
- Miners--Labor unions--Montana--Park County
- Mining claims--Montana--Park County
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Autograph albums--Denmark
- Personal papers--Montana--Park County
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- Western Federation of Miners