Jackson County, Oregon Citizen's Committee petition, February 1, 1865 PDF
- Jackson County (Or.). Citizen's Committee.
- Jackson County, Oregon Citizen's Committee petition
- February 1, 1865 18651865
- 0.025 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- CA 1865 Feb 1
- Jackson County, Oregon Citizen's Committee started a petition in 1865 that asked the County to extend payment to persons enlisting in the Oregon Volunteer Infantry before February 1, 1865. The collection contains the petition dated February 1, 1865, and includes fifty-four signatures.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The petition explains that other counties have paid a "bounty" to enlistees. The petitioners requested that a sum of $100 be paid to each man enlisting until they have enough volunteers.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Jackson County, Oregon Citizen's Committee petition, CA 1865 Feb 1, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Corporate Names :
- Jackson County (Or.). Board of Commissioners.
- Jackson County (Or.). Citizen's Committee--Records and correspondence.
- Oregon. Militia. Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st.
- Geographical Names :
- Jackson County (Or.)--History--19th century
- Oregon--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--Oregon--Jackson County (Or.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Signatures (names)