Dick Beck photograph collection, circa 1900 PDF
- Dick Beck photograph collection
- circa 1900 (inclusive)18901910
- 81 photographs
- Collection Number
- The Dick Beck photograph collection contains images of early Western settlers, various sites in southern Utah and New Mexico, and mining and oil exploration.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The photographs in the Dick Beck collection are all original prints from around the turn of the 19th-20th centuries. Twenty-four of them are richly toned, and these and some others are stamped with the name Chas. Goodman, Photographer, of Bluff, Utah. Subjects include placer mining and oil drilling, views of the scenery and of the people living and working in the area.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Collection Name, Collection Number, Box Number, Folder Number. Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library, The University of Utah.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Western Settlers, Utah, Mining and Oil ExplorationReturn to Top
Early Western Settlers
Mining and Oil Exploration
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Mines and mineral resources--Utah--History--Photographs
- Oil well drilling--Utah--History--Photographs
- Geographical Names :
- New Mexico--Photographs
- West (U.S.)--History--Photographs
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints--1895-1905