- Utah Humanities Research Foundation Photograph Collection
- 1900-1947 (inclusive)19001947
- 53 photographs total, 24 photoprints, 1 album (29 photoprints)
- Collection Number
- The Utah Humanities Research Foundation Photograph Collection contains portraits of various persons, some participating in theatrical performances.The collection also contains photographs of Salt Lake City and St. George, as well as, an album containing photographs of activities near the Great Salt Lake.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Utah Humanities Research Foundation was established in 1944 by a grant from the Rockefeller Foundation for the purpose of collecting and preserving cultural materials in Utah. The photographs represent part of that effort from 1944 to 1947 and include portraits of various prominent people in Utah, buildings and towns of historical interest, and the "Great Salt Lake Album," a book of twenty-nine pictures of the islands and shorelines of the Great Salt Lake, with special emphasis on the Lucin Cutoff.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Collection Name, Collection Number, Box Number, Folder Number. Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library, The University of Utah.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Portraits, Salt Lake, Railroad, Southern UtahReturn to Top
Great Salt Lake Album
Parawan and Railroad survey gang
St. George, Utah
Salt Lake City and San Rafael
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Great Salt Lake Region (Utah)--Photographs
- Saint George (Utah)--Photographs
- Salt Lake City (Utah)--Photographs
Form or Genre Terms
- Group portraits--1870-1900
- Photographic prints--1870-1900
- Portrait photographs--1870-1900