Andrus, Charles H. photograph collection, circa 1920-circa 1940 PDF
- Andrus, Charles H. photograph collection
- circa 1920-circa 1940 (inclusive)19151949
- 16 Items : 16 black and white images of varying sizes.
- Collection Number
- The Charles H. Andrus photograph collection consists of images from his service in the Eastern States Mission for the L.D.S. Church (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), L.D.S. Church historical sites, and portraits of Andrus in the 1920's and 1940's. The collection also contains group portraits of the missionaries who served in the Eastern States Mission during the 1920's and various Elders. Andrus is also pictured with B.H. Roberts and other important L.D.S. historical figures.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Collection of Charles H. Andrus consists of images from his service in the Eastern States Mission for the L.D.S. Church (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), L.D.S. Church historical sites, and portraits of Andrus in the 1920's and 1940's. There are group portraits of the missionaries who served in the Eastern States Mission during the 1920's and various Elders. Andrus is also pictured with B.H. Roberts and other important L.D.S. historical figures.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Portraits, LDS Mission, LDS Historical SitesReturn to Top
Container(s): Box 1
Photograph number 1: Charles H. Andrus about 1925Photograph number 2: Andrus as a missionaryPhotograph number 3: Andrus, taken in the mid 1940s
Photograph number 1: Unidentified group of peoplePhotograph number 2: Mormon Elders at South Royalton, Vermont. Left to Right: D.O.S., C.H.A., F.A.B., J.I.S.Photograph number 3: Group portrait of the Eastern States Missionaries, Andrus is in the middle row, second from the leftPhotograph number 4: Eastern States Missionaries, front row with cane, B.H. Roberts, third row, fourth person (third male), Andrus
L.D.S. Historical Sites
Photograph number 1: At Smith Memorial Farm, South Royalton, Vermont, August 23, 1924. President B. H. Roberts and Charles H. AndrusPhotograph number 2-3: Smith Memorial Farm, South Royalton, VermontPhotograph number 4-5: The Sacred Grove, Palmyra New YorkPhotograph number 6: The Prophet Joseph Smith's bedroom from the window, Joseph Smith Farm, Palmyra New YorkPhotograph number 7-8: Hill Cumorah where the Book of Mormon was found, Palmyra, New YorkPhotograph number 9: The room where part of the Book of Mormon was translated, Joseph Smith Farm, Palmyra New York
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Mormon Church--Missions--East (U.S.)
- Mormons--Missionary experiences--East (U.S.)
- Personal Names :
- Andrus, Charles H.
- Geographical Names :
- Palmyra (N.Y.)
- Royalton (Vt.)
- Sacred Grove (N.Y.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints