Junior F. Daggett papers, 1936-1955 PDF
- Daggett, Junior F., 1891-1960
- Junior F. Daggett papers
- 1936-1955 (bulk)19361955
- 11.0 linear feet, (22 containers)
- Collection Number
- Ax 029
- Junior F. Daggett (1891-1960) was a lumberman in Prineville, Oregon. Papers include correspondence, legislative documents, and subject files relating to Daggett's work in the lumber industry spanning multiple organizations.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Junior F. Daggett (1891-1960) was a lumberman in Prineville, Oregon.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The papers include correspondence (including about 6,000 letters), legislative documents, and subject files concerning his career as general manager of the Alexander-Yawkey Lumber Co., member of the Oregon State Board of Forestry, the Eastern Oregon Lumber Survey Group, and the Western Pine Association, and president of the Midstate Lumber and Manufacturing Company.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Junior F. Daggett papers, Ax 029, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Forestry and Forest Products
- Forestry law and legislation--Oregon
- Lumber trade--Government policy--Oregon
- Lumber trade--Oregon
- Lumber trade--West (U.S.)
- Personal Names :
- Daggett, Junior F., 1891-1960
- Daggett, Junior F., 1891-1960--Correspondence
- Corporate Names :
- Alexander-Yawkey Lumber Company (Prineville, Or.).
- Eastern Oregon Lumber Survey Group.
- Oregon State Board of Forestry.
- Western Pine Association.
- Form or Genre Terms :