John F. Kennedy Memorabilia Collection, 1960-1971 PDF
- Bischoff, Anthony, d. 1993
- John F. Kennedy Memorabilia Collection
- 1960-1971 (inclusive)19601971
- 7 linear feet, (2 boxes, 1 half box, 3 oversize containers and 1 oversized poster)
- Collection Number
- SC 001 (collection)
- This collection of John F. Kennedy memorabilia was assembled by Anthony Bischoff, SJ from 1960 to 1971 to honor the first Catholic President of the United States.
- Seattle University, Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons, Special Collections
Lemieux Library & McGoldrick Learning Commons
901 12th Avenue
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open for research.
- Funding for preparing the finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Anthony Bischoff, SJ (Oregon Province; Society of Jesus) was teaching at Georgetown University in Washington DC when he assembled this collection of John F. Kennedy memorabilia and sent it to Seattle University Library for archival preservation. The Anthony Bischoff Personal Papers are located at the Jesuit Oregon Province Archives (JOPA) ; Gonzaga University, Spokane, Washington.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The presidential artifacts include ephemera, stamps, coins, medallions and sound recordings. The post assassination materials, primarily print publications including newsclippings, magazines, reprints and letters, relating to both President Lyndon B. Johnson's inauguration (1965) and coverage of Jacqueline Kennedy's personal life after her husband's death.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
John F. Kennedy Memorabilia Collection, Special Collections, Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons, Seattle University.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Presidents' spouses--United States
- Presidents--Assassination--United States
- Presidents--United States
- Personal Names :
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973--Inauguration, 1965.
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963--Assassination
- Onassis, Jacqueline Kennedy, 1929-1994
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- Coins (money)
- Medallions (medals)
- Printed ephemera
- Sound recordings