University of Oregon Basketball Exhibition Tour of the Far East records, 1954-1955 PDF
- Lindstrom, J. Orville, -1993University of OregonUniversity of Oregon. Department of Athletics
- University of Oregon Basketball Exhibition Tour of the Far East records
- 1954-1955 (inclusive)19541955
- 0.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- UA 202
- In 1954, the University of Oregon Basketball team undertook an exhibition tour of Asia and the Business Manager for the tour, J.O. Lindstrom, accompanied the student athletes and kept a diary. The collection (1954-1955) contains Lindstrom's diary, reports, and also programs and itineraries of the tour, correspondence and postcards, photographs, collected business cards, and newspaper clippings.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
In 1954, the University of Oregon Basketball team undertook an exhibition tour of Asia. J.O. Lindstrom, the Business Manager for the tour, kept a diary and produced a final report about the tour.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains documentation regarding the UO Basketball exhibition tour, including a diary of the trip to Asia, kept by J. O. Lindstrom containing itineraries, descriptions of events, and travel. There are also reports, and report notes containing information regarding all aspects of the tour, the student athletes, and finances. Also available are programs about the tour, and business cards collected while on tour.
The collection also contains newspaper clippings, photographs, correspondence, and postcards regarding the exhibition tour.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], University of Oregon Basketball Exhibition Tour of the Far East records, UA 202, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Education, Higher--Oregon--Eugene
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon Ducks (Basketball team)
- University of Oregon. Department of Athletics--Records and correspondence
- University of Oregon--Basketball
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Business cards
- Financial records