UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Susan Auerbach recordings: Joe Heaney Collection, 1982 PDF
- Auerbach, Susan, 1956-
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Susan Auerbach recordings: Joe Heaney Collection
- 4 items : EC - 4 reels (7.5 ips, 2 tr. stereo, 7"); WT - 2 DATs (digital, stereo); Duration: 2:43:15
- Collection Number
- Recorded during private lessons with Joe Heaney in Autumn & Winter of 1982, University of Washington, Seattle, Music room 60.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Joe Heaney (AKA Joe Éinniú; Irish: Seosamh Ó hÉanaí) (1919 - 1984) was an Irish traditional (sean nós) singer from County Galway, Ireland. He spent most of his adult life abroad, living in England, Scotland and New York City, in the course of which he recorded hundreds of songs. A magnificent singer in both Gaelic and English, Heaney sings in sean-nos, the highly ornamented style of traditional Irish song.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Originally recorded on 3 cassettes (mono) on Joe Heaney's tape recorder (quality of recordings poor).
See logsheets for description of contents of each tape.
Documentation: Heaney index
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
1 audiotape : DAT; Tracks: 23
1 audiotape : DAT
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Rural Irish--Europe--British Isles
- Geographical Names :
- Europe--Europe--General Europe
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Heaney, Joe, 1919-1984 (performer)