Western Federation of Watercolor Societies records, 1975-2015 PDF
- WesternFederationofWatercolorSocieties records
- 1975-2015 (inclusive)19752015
- 3 boxes, (1.5 linear feet)
- Collection Number
- The WesternFederationofWatercolorSocieties is a collective partnership amongst several WatercolorSocieties in the Western United States. Every year this federation sponsors an annual juried exhibition of collage and water-based media. The collection consists of their annual records. Exhibition catalogs from the collection have been digitized and are available online.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Western Federation of Watercolor Societies, founded in 1976 by Dr. David Gale (1915-1980), sponsors an annual juried exhibition which is hosted each year by a different regional member society. These regional members include the: Arizona Watercolor Association, Colorado Watercolor Society, Idaho Watercolor Society, New Mexico Watercolor Society, Nevada Watercolor Society, Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild, San Diego Watercolor Society, Southwestern Watercolor Society, Utah Watercolor Society, Watercolor Society of Oregon, and West Texas Watercolor Society. Today (2011) WFWS includes over 5000 artists in ten regional societies.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
These records consists of the annual records of the WesternFederationofWatercolorSocieties. Materials range from correspondence to photographs, fliers, meeting notes, and exhibition catalogs.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Following Citations: Accn 2526.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Watercolor painting--West (U.S.)
- Watercolorists--Societies--West (U.S.)
- Corporate Names :
- Western Federation of Watercolor Societies
- Form or Genre Terms :