Marie Ingrid Anensen photograph album, 1920-1928 PDF
- Anensen, Marie Ingrid, 1900-1981
- Marie Ingrid Anensen photograph album
- 1920-1928 (inclusive)19201928
- 1 photograph album (1 box)
- Collection Number
- Collection of photographs of a Norwegian immigrant's travels, family, and friends in and around Portland, Oregon
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
No restrictions on access.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Marie Ingrid Anensen (1900-1981) immigrated to the United States from Norway in 1905 with her family. Her father, Abraham Anensen, set up a successful bakery just off Sandy Blvd. in East Portland, Oregon. She graduated from the old Washington High School and began working as a bookkeeper and clerk for the Jones Lumber Company located in Fulton, Portland, Oregon, now Johns Landing. Ms. Anensen quit working for the Jones Lumber Company during the 1930's and began working as a bookkeeper for the Fred Meyer Stores, where she would remain a long time employee. Marie Anensen died in May 1981.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Heavily annotated album of photographs made by a young Norwegian-American woman documenting her automobile trips to the Columbia River Gorge, Portland's Washington Park, Laurelhurst Park, Lebanon, Oregon, Klamath Park, Dodge Park, trips to Long Beach, WA. & Mt. Hood as well as an extended voyage to Alaska. Also shows the aftermath of the Washington High School fire in 1922, the frozen Willamette River and log ponds of the Jones Lumber Company Mill, and photos of family and friends doing recreational activities.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Status of creator's copyrights is unknown; restrictions may exist on copying, quotation, or publication. Users are responsible for researching copyright status before use.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Names :
- Anensen, Marie Ingrid, 1900-1981--Archives
- Anensen, Marie Ingrid, 1900-1981--Family--Photographs
- Anensen, Marie Ingrid, 1900-1981--Friends and associates--Photographs
- Geographical Names :
- Hood, Mount (Or.)--Photographs
- Long Beach (Wash.)--Photographs