UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Anna Czekanowska recordings: Czekanowska Collection, Undated PDF
- Czekanowska, Anna
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Anna Czekanowska recordings: Czekanowska Collection
- 3 audiotapes : EC - 3 audio cassettes; Duration: 3:00:00
- Collection Number
- Archives copies made from cassettes loaned by Anna Czekanowska during her visit to Seattle, fall 1990.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Anna Czekanowska-Kuklińska (1929-), from Lwów, Poland, is an ethnomusicologist, musicologist and professor at the University of Warsaw. From 1969 to 1999, Czekanowska-Kuklińska was headmaster of the Department of Ethnomusicology at the University of Warsaw's Institute of Musicology and then from 1974 to 1991, she was headmaster of the whole institute. From 1947 to 1952, Czekanowska-Kuklińska studied musicology at the University of Poznań, and then at the Freie Universität in Berlin and M. Schneider and KG Fellerer at University of Cologne from 1958 to 59. In 1959, she obtained a doctoral degree at the University of Warsaw based on the work of Biłgoraj Songs.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Contents: Tape 1: Kazak; tape 2: Ukraine; Tape 3: Zeranska-Kominek - Soviet Turkmenistan (examples)
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Geographical Names :
- Soviet Union (former)
- Ukraine--Europe--Eastern Europe