Oral history interview with Allen M. Gown, 2016 PDF
- Gown, Allen M.
- Oral history interview with Allen M. Gown
- 2016 (inclusive)20162016
- Originals as received: 1 digital audio file (WAV format) and 2 computer files (PDF & JPEG format)
- Collection Number
- 6095 (Accession No. 6095-001)
- Oral history interview with an academic in Pathology at the University of Washington.
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
No restrictions on access.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Dr. Gown was born and educated in New York. He and his wife Carol were attracted to Seattle and settled here permanently for professional reasons coupled with their love the outdoors and the better quality of life here. He began his academic career in Pathology at the University of Washington where he was on the faculty for 18 years, attaining the rank of full professor. Additionally he has been extensively involved in the Jewish community in Seattle.
In 1997, Dr. Gown left the UW to found his own independent diagnostic laboratory, Phenopath. The highly successful service, with a current staff of 90, has become a national reference laboratory that characterizes tumors and is broadly recognized as on the cutting-edge in precision medicine. He discussed the impact of changes in medicine on aspects of Phenopath operations.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Oral history interview with Dr. Allen Gown, interviewed by Doris Stiefel on 25 July 2016. Also included is a transcript of the interview and a digital photograph of Gown.
Other Descriptive InformationReturn to Top
Forms part of the Washington State Jewish Archives
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Listen to the audio recording and view the transcript of this interview on the Libraries Digital Collections site.
Creator's copyrights transferred to the University of Washington Libraries Special Collections.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Jews--Washington (State)--Seattle--Interviews
- Pathological laboratories--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Pathologists--Washington (State)--Seattle--Interviews
- Pathology--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Personal Names :
- Gown, Allen M.--Interviews
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Stiefel, Doris J (interviewer)
- Corporate Names :
- Washington State Jewish Archives (University of Washington) (host institution)