David John diary and account book, 1860-1879 PDF
- John, David
- David John diary and account book
- 1860-1879 (inclusive)18601879
- 0.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- Ax 180
- David John was a pioneer of Williamsburg, Oregon, and was a partner in the John Brothers blacksmith firm of Williamsburg. The collection (1860-1869) contains a diary, and an account book for John Brothers.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
David John was a pioneer of Williamsburg, Oregon. He worked as a blacksmith, and was a partner in John Brothers blacksmith firm of Williamsburg.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1860-1869) consists of four volumes.
The three volume diary describes life on a farm.
The John Brothers account book is from 1860 to 1863.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], David John diary and account book, Ax 180, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Personal Names :
- John, David
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Account books