Matthew Caldwell Class Notes Collection, 1847-1848 PDF
- Caldwell, Matthew, M.D.
- Matthew Caldwell Class Notes Collection
- 1847-1848 (inclusive)18471848
- 0.75 linear feet
- Collection Number
- Dr. Matthew Caldwell of Umpqua, Jackson County, Or. donated his class notes from the Ohio Medical College 1847-48 which ended up in the Medical School's Medical Museum (1942-2005) prior to being added to Historical Collections & Archives.
- Oregon Health & Science University, Historical Collections & Archives
OHSU Historical Collections & Archives
Oregon Health & Science University
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd. MC:LIB
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
- Oregon Health & Science University
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Dr. Matthew Caldwell was from or practiced in Umpqua, Oregon. According to Accession No. 2005-011, The History of the Physicians of Jackson County Past and Present, he practiced in Phoenix, OR. He graduated from the Ohio Medical College, March 1, 1848. The Obituary Index Collection 2005-017 states that, Dr. Caldwell was born in 1824 and died in 1874. No other biographical information is known at the time of processing.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The notebook has a cardboard cover that is in fair condition. The edges and spine have deteriorated but the binding is intact. All but three pages are written in pencil. The pencil markings are fading but mostly still legible. The notes are from medical school classes. Although there is no indication of what school he attended, in the notebook. The Licenses, Degrees and Certificates Collection, Accession 2005-001, contains his degree. The pages are headed with the names of the instructors: “Prof.”: [Loehe Locke ?], Lawson, Mussey, Harrison and Wright.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The OHSU Historical Collections & Archives is the owner of the materials and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the OHSU HC&A before any reproduction use. The OHSU HC&A does not necessarily hold copyright to all of the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright owners.
Matthew Caldwell Class Notes Collection, Accession # 2005-006, Historical Collections & Archives, Oregon Health & Science University
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Academic and Student Affairs
- Personal Names :
- Locke, John, M.D., 1792-1856--Archives
- Corporate Names :
- Medical College of Ohio (Cincinnati).--Archives
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Class notes
- Lecture notes
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Canfield, Earl, M.D. (donor)
- Mussey, Reuben Dimond, 1780-1866--Archives (actor)