Marion Aronson papers, circa 1986 PDF
- Aronson, Marion
- Marion Aronson papers
- circa 1986 (inclusive)19861986
- 1 vertical file
- Collection Number
- 5954 (Accession No. 5954-001)
- Essays about the August, Friedman, and Chaikin families and a collection of recipes
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Open to all users.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Marion Aronson's parents were Schlamka and Hinda August, who emigrated from Poland.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
2 essays and 1 family recipe compendium. One essay gives a detailed account of the August, Friedman, and Chaikin families' annual trip to Soap Lake in eastern Washington where they stayed at the Louis Hotel, run by the Agranoff family. The second essay recounts the Passover holiday at Hinda and Schlamka August's home. The collection of recipes is dedicated to Hinda August, Pauline Chaikin, and Ellen Friedman, the "Matriarchs." From the details of the essays, the author does not appear to be Marion Aronson but one of her cousins.
Other Descriptive InformationReturn to Top
Forms part of the Washington State Jewish Archives.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Children of immigrants--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Immigrants--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Jewish cooking
- Jews--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Personal Names :
- Aronson, Marion--Archives
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- Washington State Jewish Archives (University of Washington), (host institution)