Agricultural Extension Service County Leaders Reports, 1916-1922 PDF
- Agricultural Extension Service County Leaders Reports
- 1916-1922 (inclusive)19161922
- approximate 5 items, ( .75 linear feet), ( 2 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 97
- Bound volumes of both annual and monthly reports for all counties. Also contains research reports.
- Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections.
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
These bound volumes contain both annual and monthly reports of the County Agent leader for the Agricultural Extension Service for all counties in Washington State, arranged by year from 1916-1922. These volumes hold summaries of notable field studies and demonstrations, notes on county visits by the Director of the Extension program, and weekly updates on the activities of county leaders across Washington State. Contained herein are a variety of studies, including soil studies, livestock investigations, plowing campaigns, dairy and poultry projects, orchard and garden projects, and general projects to improve farm organization and land management around Washington State. When taken with the comprehensive Agricultural Extension Service holdings in the Washington State University Archives these records illustrate the process whereby experts revolutionized Washington State Agriculture following the First World War and created the factors that led to the “dust bowl” conditions of the 1930s.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Agricultural extension work--Washington (State)--Administration--Archives
- Agriculture--Research--Washington (State)--Archives
- Corporate Names :
- Washington State University. Agriculture Extension Service--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. Agriculture Extension Service--Records and correspondence
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- State College of Washington. Agriculture Extension Service. (creator)
- Washington State University. Cooperative Extension Service. (creator)