Fred M. Fuecker papers, 1911-1955 PDF
- Fuecker, Fred M. (Fred Michael), 1895-1975
- Fred M. Fuecker papers
- 1911-1955 (inclusive)19111955
- 5.0 linear feet, (11 containers)
- Collection Number
- Ax 514
- Fred Michael Fuecker (1895-1975) served in the military from 1911-1955, including WWI and WWII. The collection consists of a World War I diary, administrative papers of the provost marshal of Los Angeles and Arizona, and of Service Command Unit 4910, Los Angeles (1942-1944), and seven photograph albums, (1911-1924), scrapbooks and mementos.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Additional Reference Guides
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Fred Michael Fuecker (1895-1975) was born in Cold Springs, Minnesota. He enlisted in the Army in 1911, and by 1917 was Regimental Sergeant Major, 1st Minnesota Field Artillery. He was commissioned 1st lieutenant, F.A., Minnesota National Guard in 1917, and went to France, serving with the 151st Field Artillery, 42nd Division, A.E.F. After the war he was in the Field Artillery Reserve. In WWII he served with the Military Police Corps in Arizona, California and the Philippines. He retired in 1955.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of a World War I diary (1917-1919), administrative papers of the Provost Marshal, Los Angeles and Arizona, and of Service Command Unit 4910, Los Angeles (1942-1944), and seven albums of photographs (1911-1924), and mementos.
There is also a scrapbook made by the officers of the S.C. 21 4910 for Lt. Col Fuecker filled with correspondence, military memos, photographs of soldiers and places visited (the Phillippines), and mementos such as military patches, travel ephemera, and a Japanese diary found by Fuecker in Manila in 1945.
The photographs document the people and activities of Fuecker's military units.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Fred Micheal Fuecker papers, Ax 514, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Papers, 1911-1955Return to Top
Photographs (PH098), 1911-1924Return to Top
PH098_0000: F. Batt. 1st USFA, 1911-1914
First Minnesota F.A., Mexican border, 1916
Le Bonne France [1917-1918]
151 F.A. 42nd Rainbow Div, June 24, 1917 - May 1st 1918, AEF
Camp McClellan, Ala. 1918-1919
Camp Bragg, NC, February 18 - June 5, 1919
Camp and Quarters [146th Field Artillery, 1923-1924]
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Soldiers--United States
- World War, 1914-1918--Personal narratives, American
- World War, 1939-1945
- Personal Names :
- Fuecker, Fred M. (Fred Michael), 1895-1975
- Fuecker, Fred M. (Fred Michael), 1895-1975--Correspondence
- Fuecker, Fred M. (Fred Michael), 1895-1975--Diaries
- Corporate Names :
- United States. Army. Field Artillery.
- United States. Army--Military police.
- Geographical Names :
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Administrative records
- Photograph albums