Wilma M. Rodman Photograph Collection, 1950-1974 PDF
- Rodman, Wilma M.
- Wilma M. Rodman Photograph Collection
- 1950-1974 (inclusive)19501974
- 0.01 cubic foot, including 14 photographs, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- P 147
- The Wilma M. Rodman Photograph Collection consists of photographs of directors of the Oregon State University Counseling and Testing Center assembled for publication in Rodman's 1974 history of guidance and counseling at Oregon State. Rodman served on the staff of the Counseling Center as a psychometrist from 1959 to 1974.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Wilma M. Rodman served a staff member of the Oregon State Counseling Center from 1959 to 1974. As a psychometrist and examiner, she was responsible for administering and coordinating the tests offered by the Center.
Directors and coordinators of the Counseling Center have included Robert R. Reichart (1946-1950); Franklin R. Zeran (Director of the Counseling and Testing Bureau, 1950-1954); Milton Gordon (Coordinator of the Counseling and Testing Bureau, 1950-1952); Paul Heist (1954-1956); William W. Mills (1956-1959); Theodore M. Madden (1959-1961); Charles F. Warnath (1961-1971); and Morris L. LeMay (1971-1994).
The Counseling and Testing Bureau was established at Oregon State College in 1946 to provide guidance services to World War II veterans; services were expanded to all Oregon State students in 1948. The Counseling and Testing Center was overseen by the School of Education and the Psychology Department until 1962 when it became a unit of the Office of the Dean of Students. During the 1990s, it became University Counseling and Psychological Services; in 2006, the name was changed to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Wilma M. Rodman Photograph Collection consists of photographs of directors of the Oregon State University Counseling and Testing Center assembled for publication in Rodman's 1974 history of guidance and counseling at Oregon State. The photographs depict directors Milton Gordon (P147:05), Paul Heist (P147:01), Theodore M. Madden (P147:06-P147:07), William W. Mills (P147:10), Robert R. Reichart (P147:02), Charles F. Warnath (P147:08), and Franklin R. Zeran (P147:03). The collection also includes images of Robert W. Chick (P147:09), Dean of Students, and Dan Poling (P147:04), Dean of Men.
The photographs include 4x5 camera and copy negatives as well as prints. All the images are b/w.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Wilma M. Rodman Photograph Collection (P 147), Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Counseling in higher education--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Universities and colleges--Oregon--Corvallis-Employees.
- Personal Names :
- Chick, Robert William.
- Heist, Paul.
- Poling, Dan Williams.
- Reichart, Robert Ray, 1896-
- Warnath, Charles Frederick, 1925-
- Zeran, Franklin R. (Franklin Royalton), 1906-
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State College--Faculty.
- Oregon State University. Counseling and Testing Center.
- Oregon State University. Counseling Center.
- Oregon State University--Faculty.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Film negatives.
- Photographic prints.