Laclede Hotel Register, 1889-1890 PDF
- Laclede Hotel
- Laclede Hotel Register
- 1 volume
- Collection Number
- Collection 2136, MtBC, us (collection)
- The Laclede Hotel Register records the name, home town, room assignment and date of registration for visitors at the hotel from June 3, 1889 to February 3, 1890. Custom printed ink blotters between each registration page bear advertisements for Bozeman and Montana businesses.
- Montana State University Library, Merrill G. Burlingame Special Collections
Montana State University-Bozeman Library
Merrill G Burlingame Special Collections
P.O. Box 173320
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Louis Krueger was born in Germany on August 23, 1841. He came to Montana in 1866 and settled permanently in Bozeman by 1873. He bought the Metropolitan Hotel shortly afterwards and operated it as the Laclede Hotel. In 1882 the manager of the hotel was identified as Philip Skehan, although Krueger owned the building at least through 1885. By 1889 the proprietor was identified as P. P. Worsham. The hotel ceased operation sometime after 1892, and Louis Krueger died on June 12, 1919.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Laclede Hotel guest register records the name, home town, room assignment and date of registration for visitors at the hotel from June 3, 1889 to February 3, 1890. Custom printed ink blotters between each registration page bear advertisements for Bozeman and Montana businesses.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Business enterprises -- Montana
- Business enterprises -- Montana -- Bozeman
- Hotels -- Montana -- Bozeman
- Corporate Names :
- Laclede Hotel (Bozeman, Mont.) -- Archives
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Advertisements -- Montana -- Bozeman
- Business records -- Montana -- Bozeman