Beaver Creek Camp Association records, 1948-1986 PDF
- Beaver Creek Camp Association
- Beaver Creek Camp Association records
- 1948-1986 (inclusive)19481986
- 0.5 linear feet of shelf space, (1 containers)
- Collection Number
- Cage 863 (collection)
- The Beaver Creek Camp Association Records consists of materials recorded and collected by the association about the camp and its governance. The Association consisted largely of Washington State College faculty. The collection includes correspondence, finances, camp rules and by-laws.
- Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections.
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open and available for research use.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
The Beaver Creek Camp Association was a summer camp in Priest Lake, Idaho. The camp was organized and owned by families of Washington State College faculty members, staff, and administrators. The camp was originally founded by Washington State College President Wilson Compton in 1947 when he and his wife, Helen, bought 52 acres of land. The land was then rented out to members, who were faculty or attendees of Washington State College.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists of records of the Beaver Creek Camp Association from 1948-1986. It includes correspondence, organizing documents, financial reports, and promotional material from the start of the association up until 1986.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Copyright restrictions apply.
[Item description]. Beaver Creek Camp Association Records, 1948-1986. Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Series 1: Correspondence , 1946-1986Return to Top
Thomas Cooke correspondence
Series 2: Financial records and reports, 1948-1984Return to Top
Beaver Creek Camp Association constitution and by-laws
Wilson Compton's proposal
Early promotional material
Membership and fees
Procedures and fees
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Priest Lake (Idaho) -- History.
- Washington State University -- Faculty.
- Corporate Names :
- Beaver Creek Camp Association -- Archives.