Fred Lockley letter to Charles S. Jackson, June 20, 1916 PDF
- Lockley, Fred, 1871-1958
- Fred Lockley letter to Charles S. Jackson
- June 20, 1916 19161916
- 0.025 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- CA 1916 June 20
- Fred Lockley (1871-1958) was a columnist, and also manager of newspapers in the Pacific Northwest, a rare book dealer, and an author of books on Oregon and Pacific Northwest history. The collection contains a letter dated June 20, 1916, from Lockley to Charles S. Jackson, in which Lockely offered to report about an Oregon military unit going to Mexico.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains a letter dated June 20, 1916, from Lockley to Charles S. Jackson, in which Lockley proposed to enlist in an Oregon military unit going to Mexico, and then to send dispatches to the Portland Oregon Journal, a newspaper Jackson owned.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Fred Lockley letter to Charles S. Jackson, CA 1916 June 20, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- American newspapers--Oregon--Portland
- Foreign correspondents--United States--Correspondence
- Newspaper publishing--Oregon--Portland--History--20th century
- War correspondents--United States--Correspondence
- Personal Names :
- Jackson, Charles Samuel, 1860-1924--Correspondence
- Lockley, Fred, 1871-1958--Correspondence
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon Journal (Firm).
- Geographical Names :
- Mexico--History--Revolution, 1910-1920--Participation, American
- Form or Genre Terms :