Washington American Legion records, 1919-1920 PDF
- American Legion. Department of Washington
- Washington American Legion records
- 1919-1920 (inclusive)19191920
- Use copies: 4 microfilm reels :
Masters: 4 microfilm reels : negative
- Collection Number
- 2261 (Accession No. 2261-001)
- Records of United States veterans organization concerned with the social and political interests of veterans
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
The collection consists entirely of analog media (microfilm reels) and must be viewed onsite during hours of opening. The microfilm cannot be loaned.
- Additional Reference Guides
Historical NoteReturn to Top
United States veterans organization, 1919- . The American Legion has male and female members drawn from the veterans of the two world wars and the wars in Korea and Vietnam. The legion was founded in Paris in 1919. It is organized into local posts. It is basically concerned with the social and political interests of veterans.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Microfilm of trial transcripts, correspondence, reports, writings, legal documents, ephemera.
Washington State v. Britt Smith et al. ("Centralia Tragedy" a.k.a."Centralia Massacre" court case), 1920. Papers of Charles D. Cunningham, attorney for the prosecution.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries. Some materials are Public Records—not subject to copyright. Copying, quotation, publication and other uses are unrestricted if records are open for public release. Charles D. Cunningham's copyrights is unknown; restrictions may exist on copying, quotation, or publication. Users are responsible for researching copyright status before use.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Centralia Massacre, Centralia, Wash., 1919--Sources
- Corporate Names :
- American Legion. Department of Washington--Archives
- Industrial Workers of the World
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Cunningham, C. D. (Charles D.), 1882-1963--Trials, litigation, etc (creator)
- Smith, Britt--Trials, litigation, etc (creator)