Lowry Nelson photograph collection, 1910-1930 PDF
- Nelson, Lowry
- Lowry Nelson photograph collection
- 1910-1930 (inclusive)19101930
- 44 photographs
- Collection Number
- The Lowry Nelson photograph collection contains portraits of Lowry Nelson and others, as well as photographs of various towns in Utah, particularly Escalante.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Nelson is a rural sociologist, writer and author of "The Mormon Village." His research has been a valuable contribution to historians' understanding of Mormon communities. Nelson's photographs are predominately personal prints of himself and friends, but also include pictures of Utah towns such as Escalante, Provo, and Sunnyside during the 1920s.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Lowry Nelson, friends, Escalante and other towns in Utah., 1910-1930Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1
Portraits of Lowry Nelson
Lowry Nelson and other
Florence Newell Nelsen and others
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Geographical Names :
- Escalante (Utah)--Photographs
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints--1906-1959
- Portrait photographs--1906-1959