Millicent D. Abell papers, 1970-1973 PDF
- Abell, Millicent D.
- Millicent D. Abell papers
- 1970-1973 (inclusive)19701973
- .63 cu. ft. (2 boxes)
- Collection Number
- 5098 (Accession No. 5098-001)
- Correspondence, agenda, minutes, course proposals, subject series and other related materials of a UW Librarian and administrator
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Presumed open to all users.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Librarian and administrator in the University of Washington Libraries.
Millicent Abell served first as a librarian in the Business Administration Library (1970-1971) and then as Assistant Director of Libraries for Undergraduate Services (1971-ca 1974).
In 1971 the General Education Committee was charged with the responsibility of acting: for the College Faculty to maintain proper standards in the general education portion of the College degree program; and as the advisory committee for the Division of General and Interdisciplinary Studies (GIS). This was the formative period for the GIS.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Correspondence, agenda, minutes, course proposals, subject series and other related materials; 1970-1973. Bulk of the papers document the work of the UW College of Arts and Sciences' General Education Committee in its role as an advisory committee to the newly formed Division of General and Interdisciplinary Studies.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- University Archives/Faculty Papers (University of Washington)
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Abell, Millicent D (creator)
- Corporate Names :
- University of Washington. College of Arts and Sciences. Division of General and Interdisciplinary Studies (creator)
- University of Washington. College of Arts and Sciences. General Education Committee (creator)
- University of Washington. University Archives