Albina Pioneer Association records, 1923-1965 PDF
- Albina Pioneer Association (Portland, Or.)
- Albina Pioneer Association records
- 1923-1965 (inclusive)19231965
- .4 cubic feet (1 document case)
- Collection Number
- Mss 273
- Records of a pioneer association of the Albina neighborhood of northeast Portland, Oregon. Includes correspondence, minutes of meetings, financial records, and a scrapbook.
- Oregon Historical Society, Davies Family Research Library
Davies Family Research Library
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open to the public.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Albina neighborhood, located in northeast Portland, Oregon, was once an independent city prior to consolidation in 1891. The Albina Pioneer Association was formed on February 21, 1923, and was open to anyone who had been living in the district prior to 1893. Its original officers were G. G. Fisher, president; Curtis Holcomb, vice president; Mrs. F. A. Nichols, treasurer; and Sarah E. Tousey, secretary. The group was primarily social in nature and sponsored annual picnics at Peninsula Park, among other events. It was instrumental in the placing of a monument in Dawson Park to commemorate the early settlers of the area. The organization disbanded on August 1, 1965.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection includes minutes of meetings, correspondence with members and others, financial reports, membership rosters, and a scrapbook. Included in the scrapbook are a number of photographs of gatherings.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society is the owner of the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library before any publication use. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all of the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright owners.
Albina Pioneer Association Records, Mss273, Oregon Historical Society Research Library
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|2||Minutes of meetings||1923-1965|
|5||Membership "old files"||circa 1956-1962|
Includes short history of the organization, and essay on the naming of Albina Park.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Corporate Names :
- Albina Pioneer Association--Archives. (creator)
- Geographical Names :
- Albina (Or.)--History.
- Portland (Or.)--Social life and customs.
- Portland (Or.)--History.
- Form or Genre Terms :